Just for the record...

OfficerKarkovice

It seems like he has been hitting a home run every single night now...

As long as he can stay healthy and keeps talking to the media without complaining, I'd like to see him stick around for the duration of his career.

He said he wanted to go to a good team for about $200 million. Then he goes to the Rangers, who suck, for $252 million. He doesnt care about the team. Im glad we didnt get him...

Someone else wanna help me out here? I'm tired of having to explain things to one of the most irrational-thinking people I've ever come in contact with.

Someone else wanna help me out here? I'm tired of having to explain things to one of the most irrational-thinking people I've ever come in contact with.

Spiff I would but i went through that whole sticking up for arod battle over at wsi.

I'll help you out. Arod did nothing wrong in signing with Texas. With the addition of him, and the other players they had, who didn't think they woud be good. Don't get mad at him because someone made him an offer he can't refuse.

He said he wanted to go to a good team for about $200 million. Then he goes to the Rangers, who suck, for $252 million. He doesnt care about the team. Im glad we didnt get him...

Let me ask you something, If someone was offering you $50 million more than anyone else, wouldn't you take it? ARod is a class act, we would be lucky to have him on the South Side. KW wanted him but Boras wouldn't even let him make an offer. It didn't matter, he had Hicks bidding against himself, no way JR would have ponied up the dough, and who could blame him? Larry Bowa was a Seattle coach in 2000, he said ARod was asking him a lot of questions about Chicago, and about JM. Bowa thought he was coming here. Shows the influence, and control Boras has on his clients.

Let me ask you something, If someone was offering you $50 million more than anyone else, wouldn't you take it? ARod is a class act, we would be lucky to have him on the South Side. KW wanted him but Boras wouldn't even let him make an offer. It didn't matter, he had Hicks bidding against himself, no way JR would have ponied up the dough, and who could blame him? Larry Bowa was a Seattle coach in 2000, he said ARod was asking him a lot of questions about Chicago, and about JM. Bowa thought he was coming here. Shows the influence, and control Boras has on his clients.

Really? He was that close? That would've been so awesome if he did come here.

WOAH!!! I agree with Dick Allen. What do ya know....... :)

Roman, dont be a dumbass. If you want a pig, look at Manny Ramirez. He's making $20 mill a year, isn't putting up half the numbers ARod is(or so it seems), the position he plays(LF/DH) is way less demanding them ARod's, and he hasn't played about every game the past 3 years

(like ARod has).

It's not ARod's fault he wants to go to a winner, and Texas is not going to be winning much. He went there so he could win. That's why he wants out.

He'll probably go to Baltimore or the Mets. The Orioles are a decent team, the Mets are a decent young team, and both would improve tremendously if they got ARod.

Ramirez .317 avg (8th in AL) 31 HR (7th in AL) 90 RBI (10th) .418 OPB (4th) .573 SLG (4th) .990 OPS (3rd) 100 runs (4th) and 82 BB (5th).

PLUS he plays left field in Fenway, which as Gabe Kapler showed this weekend, is not easy.

Ramirez .317 avg (8th in AL) 31 HR (7th in AL) 90 RBI (10th) .418 OPB (4th) .573 SLG (4th) .990 OPS (3rd) 100 runs (4th) and 82 BB (5th).

PLUS he plays left field in Fenway, which as Gabe Kapler showed this weekend, is not easy.

LF in Fenway may not be easy.....but are you gonna tell me that playing LF(I dont care where you are) is a less demanding position then SS? Or is there some reason ARod has played every game(I think....I know he did last year) and he is doing this with a bone spur in his neck.

Point blank, ARod is far from a pig, and when you compare everything, Manny, IMO, is a pig compared to ARod.

LF in Fenway may not be easy.....but are you gonna tell me that playing LF(I dont care where you are) is a less demanding position then SS? Or is there some reason ARod has played every game(I think....I know he did last year) and he is doing this with a bone spur in his neck.

Point blank, ARod is far from a pig, and when you compare everything, Manny, IMO, is a pig compared to ARod.

I said LF in Fenway is not easy. Never did I say it was harder than SS.

Neither of them are f***ing pigs.

ACtually if you remember right Alex was kept totally out of the process until the end of it. Scott Boras is the one who got ARod the contract. He is also the one who had Texas bid up the contract that last $50 mil.