Sale vs Samardzija

GGajewski18

I'm watching SportsTalk Live and the question was who would you take for one game and then for the next 5 years. Kaplan and some other jack wagon said they would take Sale because "he is a proven super star" but take Samardzija over a career.

Samardzija hasn't consistantly had a good season over his career. Maybe 2 years ago when he went 9-13 with a 3.81 era. Chris Sale has a lifetime ERA under 3 as of today. 4 years younger and on an insane team friendly contract. I wanted to reach through the TV and just smack some sense into these Cubs homers.

Discuss

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ May 23, 2014 -> 06:04 PM)
I'm watching SportsTalk Live and the question was who would you take for one game and then for the next 5 years. Kaplan and some other jack wagon said they would take Sale because "he is a proven super star" but take Samardzija over a career.

Samardzija hasn't consistantly had a good season over his career. Maybe 2 years ago when he went 9-13 with a 3.81 era. Chris Sale has a lifetime ERA under 3 as of today. 4 years younger and on an insane team friendly contract. I wanted to reach through the TV and just smack some sense into these Cubs homers.

Discuss

Their larger point about taking JS was because of Sale's health questions, not career consistency.

Pretty sure they all agreed Sale has better stuff

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ May 23, 2014 -> 06:04 PM)

Discuss

Yeah Samardzija wants to be paid like a true ace & also believes it would be unbecoming of him to take any sort of hometown discount, and that doing so hurts the rest of the league.

Meanwhile Chris Sale is better than him everywhere across the board and is locked up with us at a rate which will make it extremely easy for him to outperform his contract. I'd figure Sale is a far better teammate as well.

Samardzija is good though. Let him be someone else's problem.