GT 5/24: DANKS FOR ALL THE FISH

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 24, 2014 -> 09:09 PM)
Dave Martinez is still available for hire. I, along with many others, thought he should have been hired in 2012 instead of Robin.

No chance of canning him. With all our injuries and this pathetic bullpen, the Sox would be laughingstock of baseball to can the manager. On paper, he's actually a candidate for manager of the year (and no I don't think he's any good).

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ May 24, 2014 -> 09:10 PM)
The game should never f***ing end on a close fastball that you take. A breaking pitch that barely touches the zone, fine. But it's a god damn fastball, you can't take a close fastball.

Especially given the ump's gigantic strike zone. With how overmatched Beckham looked against his fastball, he had to know that was coming.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 24, 2014 -> 04:09 PM)
Dave Martinez is still available for hire. I, along with many others, thought he should have been hired in 2012 instead of Robin.

I am quite sick of the Sox saying they have to have someone from Sox family manage, experience be damned. RV is a rank amateur and it shows day after day, year after year.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ May 24, 2014 -> 09:10 PM)
The game should never f***ing end on a close fastball that you take. A breaking pitch that barely touches the zone, fine. But it's a god damn fastball, you can't take a close fastball.

I do agree, Chili.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 24, 2014 -> 10:10 PM)
It's basically a College of Coaches without saying it is, but Robin does pre and postgame interviews. There's no authoritative figure.

Starting Garcia in LF instead of Sierra just made no sense during the game, and of course, it hurt the Sox today. Between that, not guarding the line when Solarte was up, and using ADA and Garcia instead of Flowers/Gillaspie in the 10th....it just makes you wonder how in the world these decisions are/aren't being made.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ May 24, 2014 -> 04:18 PM)
He was tossed from the game hours ago.

He sits in the clubhouse and makes all the calls, you think he went to Dairy Queen my gosh.

Edited by Soxfest

It's one game. Tomorrow can tell it all. They come out fighting against Tanaka can determine how the rest of the season goes. This is a different team than last year, like Hawk says very emotional, up and down. Can't get discouraged, beauty of baseball is there is always tomorrow.

Here's a thought...how about letting the guy that you called up, who was closing in AAA, have a shot at...you know, closing?

RBINAC....how many s***ty performances will it take to realize that?

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 24, 2014 -> 04:20 PM)
He sits in the clubhouse and makes all the calls, you think he went to Dairy Queen my gosh.

Ozzie used to go to Carmichael"s. Ventura doesn't run the game when he gets tossed. I am sure Cooper was running the pitchers.