Possible Suitors for Gordon Beckham

GGajewski18

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 02:32 PM)
Based on Garcia's form at "diving for balls", I think there's clearly some room for improvement with coaching.

I doubt we will see Avi dive for balls like that anytime soon, if ever. Especially if it's in the back of his mind. I still remember Quentin never doing it after his surgery. Just an extreme mental thing to have to overcome.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 7, 2014 -> 07:52 AM)
I doubt we will see Avi dive for balls like that anytime soon, if ever. Especially if it's in the back of his mind. I still remember Quentin never doing it after his surgery. Just an extreme mental thing to have to overcome.

He did almost the exact same dive a couple days before he tore his shoulder. The trainers came out on that one and everything, I had noidea how he didn't hurt himself on the first one. He did it again a couple days later and that's when his shoulder shredded.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 7, 2014 -> 03:16 PM)
He did almost the exact same dive a couple days before he tore his shoulder. The trainers came out on that one and everything, I had noidea how he didn't hurt himself on the first one. He did it again a couple days later and that's when his shoulder shredded.

I remember that. He has to learn how to play the outfield that is for sure. I could see him doing the same dive again.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 10:48 AM)
Eaton's offense is marginal for a corner OF. But he would help the D a lot.

Not really anymore, with the power drain in the post steroid era, he can be at least league average offensively in LF and elite defensively. If you can get a plus defender in CF it makes a lot of sense to move him over, but that is a tough order to fill.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 02:24 PM)
Avi has the tools to be a plus outfielder but his instincts are atrocious. He'll never be more than average at best.

I would take average. If he could learn to catch the ball without putting himself at risk and get better jumps on the ball to get to league average, his arm is strong enough that he will be a solid defender in RF. He looked so, so bad in the OF at the beginning of the season.