Calling out Buehrle and Colon

Bmr31

Okay its time. These two pitchers are said to be #1 type starters. Well i agree with that but its time for both of them to step up and step up BIG TIME. Both pitchers hover around the .500 mark. That is UNACCEPTABLE. I know Mb has come a long way, but so what. Going into September we need HUGE months out of both of these guys. If they both pitch as they are capable, the division is ours. :snr

24 hours ago, you said if the Sox lost the next 2 games, the season was over. One win over Detroit, and you say if Buehrle and Colon step up the division is ours. You change your mind more than Jerry Manuel.  :bang You have the nerve to call me and a host of others clueless? :bang

Uh we won? Dumbass. Why make yourself look like a fool? Oh wait, cuz youre good at it.

Uh we won? Dumbass. Why make yourself look like a fool?  Oh wait, cuz youre good at it.

Don't ever call me a dumbass, I know far more about the game then you ever will. We won one game giving a team its 100th loss, and, according to you, that 1 game is the difference between the season being over and having 2 guys step up, and the Sox winning the division.2 guys who aren't even pitching these 2 games, and winning the division. The Sox still have 7 games against KC and MIN even if they would have lost these 2, any fool would have known they still had a shot, because the most they would have been out was 2. Obviously, if Buerhle and Colon pitch lights out the rest of the year these 2 games won't mean a thing.

Don't ever call me a dumbass, I know far more about the game then you ever will. We won one game giving a team its 100th loss, and, according to you, that 1 game is the difference between the season being over and having 2 guys step up, and the Sox winning the division.2 guys who aren't even pitching these 2 games, and winning the division. The Sox still have 7 games against KC and MIN even if they would have lost these 2, any fool would have known they still had a shot, because the most they would have been out was 2. Obviously, if Buerhle and Colon pitch lights out the rest of the year these 2 games won't mean a thing.

Okay apparently youre really slow. The thread was very clear, but for slow people, i like to repeat myself. Ill even space the words out for ya. IF THE SOX GET SWEPT IN DETROIT THE SEASON IS OVVVVVVVVVVVVER. Was the clear enough for ya? Do yourself a favor, get your eye glasses, go over to espn.com, go to baseball, go to scores, and check out the sox game yesterday. YIPPIE, they woooooooooooon. IS it all clear for ya now? Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat. ;)

BMR, you're not a prick.  However, you are one of the few that I allow to call Mark B out without flaming afterwards.  Consider this your free pass to bash Mark, but don't make it a habit. :D

LOL, ok but i dont think I bashed him in this thread. We just need him to step up in September.

LOL, ok but i dont think I bashed him in this thread.  We just need him to step up in September.

Yes, he does need to step up, but after his 2-10 start, he's been as good as anyone. He deserves a bit of slack, he's not going to be great everytime he pitches.

Yes, he does need to step up, but after his 2-10 start, he's been as good as anyone.  He deserves a bit of slack, he's not going to be great everytime he pitches.

No slack. Either hes a prime time pitcher or he isnt. No more getting shelled by the likes of the tigers. Not this season. Its do or die in each and every game. We need his focus. I will remember Colon and MB this year by how they perform in September. Same with Garland. Theyre all better than .500 pitchers. Now prove it. I might add, I am a big fan of all 3.

Okay apparently youre really slow.  The thread was very clear, but for slow people, i like to repeat myself.  Ill even space the words out for ya.  IF  THE SOX  GET    SWEPT IN DETROIT  THE SEASON      IS OVVVVVVVVVVVVER. Was the clear enough for ya? Do yourself a favor, get your eye glasses, go over to espn.com, go to baseball, go to scores, and check out the sox game yesterday.    YIPPIE, they woooooooooooon.  IS it all clear for ya now?    Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat. ;)

I'd love to compare IQ's with you. I know what you wrote, you've got all your bases covered. But if the Sox lost last night, and lost today, the season would not be over, which is what I was pointing out. This psychology you mentioned is BS especially with this team. Are you still counting on Koch, or has Billy's performance at Charlotte, albeit REHAB, as you pointed out to me earlier(although he was throwing in the bullpen in Chicago, and KW,Cooper, and Billy said all the problems were ironed out), finally shown you the light?

I'd love to compare IQ's with you. I know what you wrote, you've got all your bases covered. But if the Sox lost last night, and lost today, the season would not be over, which is what I was pointing out. This psychology you mentioned is BS especially with this team.

Agreed. IF we did get swept, its bulls*** to give up on the season. They are notorious for playing to the level of their competition but have shown that they can come back from being swept by Detroit. You just dont give up on the season when you're still in first place with a month to go. And dont give me that logic BS because the Sox are far from a logical team.

But now I will refrain from arguing because we werent swept.

I'd love to compare IQ's with you. I know what you wrote, you've got all your bases covered. But if the Sox lost last night, and lost today, the season would not be over, which is what I was pointing out. This psychology you mentioned is BS especially with this team. Are you still counting on Koch, or has Billy's performance at Charlotte, albeit REHAB, as you pointed out to me earlier(although he was throwing in the bullpen in Chicago, and KW,Cooper, and Billy said all the problems were ironed out), finally shown you the light?

Great LOL!!!!! Im in mensa, with a 151, you? :lol:

I'm with BMR on this one, Buehrle and Colon could step it up a notch or two here in the home stretch.

And I've never seen someone arguing a moot point as a sign of high intelligence.

LOL, no kidding.

I'm with BMR on this one, Buehrle and Colon could step it up a notch or two here in the home stretch.

And I've never seen someone arguing a moot point as a sign of high intelligence.

I don't know what you're getting at. This BMR guy thinks 96% of people who post here are clueless about baseball. My point is that the point he made yesterday was about as clueless as any post ever, so maybe he should look in the mirror. He's not the genius he thinks he is.

I don't know what you're getting at. This BMR guy thinks 96% of people who post here are clueless about baseball. My point is that the point he made yesterday was about as clueless as any post ever, so maybe he should look in the mirror. He's not the genius he thinks he is.

K, lol. :)

Really? 'Cause it looks to me like you are the one picking the fight.

I like bmr, but Dick Allen's posts here are funny and so well written.

They have made me laugh.

Good job Mr. Allen.

I disagree with BMR that there is any key.

This season has been too bizarre for anything to be key.

I mean Garland and Cotts/Wright are keys too I guess.

The key in my eyes is to somehow keep slugging home runs vs.

the Royals and Twinks.

It'd be nice if KC totally fell apart and the Twinks just checked it in.

That said, I'd love it if Mark B pitches like he can and Colon

gets the lead out and pitches like Colon.