Chris Sale

Jose Abreu

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least the two homers Sale has allowed (out of the last 4 hits he's given up) were absolute bombs. With that said, Sale has been simply incredible in his last 4 starts, and I'm not sure we'll ever see a Sox starter perform better than he has in his last 4 starts.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 11:17 AM)
Definitely top 5 with Kershaw, Fernandez, Verlander and Price.

I honestly don't think Verlander and Price are really even in the discussion anymore. Give me Wainwright, Tanaka, Hernandez, Teheran or Cueto over them at this point.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 10:39 AM)
I honestly don't think Verlander and Price are really even in the discussion anymore. Give me Wainwright, Tanaka, Hernandez, Teheran or Cueto over them at this point.

You're right. I'd take Wainwright and Hernandez over Price and Verlander. Tanaka still needs to prove it over more than 2 months.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 10:39 AM)

Wainwright absolutely deserves to be in the top 5 right now

I hate how when it gets brought up about sale being so good and one of the best people say how they expect him to get injured at any moment. Ok , so until that happens , that doesn't mean you have to take away from what he's been doing. Any pitcher can get injured at any time

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Jun 4, 2014 -> 05:26 PM)
I hate how when it gets brought up about sale being so good and one of the best people say how they expect him to get injured at any moment. Ok , so until that happens , that doesn't mean you have to take away from what he's been doing. Any pitcher can get injured at any time

Agreed. It's like Sale can only get credit for things he has DONE, as if each pitch is his last. For all the dumb predictions analysts make I can't believe they are all so hiveminded that they add on these qualifications on Sale's greatness only being relative to his injury risk.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 4, 2014 -> 01:12 PM)
Agreed. It's like Sale can only get credit for things he has DONE, as if each pitch is his last. For all the dumb predictions analysts make I can't believe they are all so hiveminded that they add on these qualifications on Sale's greatness only being relative to his injury risk.

I see it both ways with Sale. The way for him to get full credit as baseball's best pitcher, he's going to need to string 4-5 seasons of 32 or 33 starts. If he misses a month here and a month there with that body and delivery, it's only natural for people to think he's going to break down--which could happen.