• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 GB

2nd place in ALCD

tied for 3rd, 1 1/2 games behind the Yankees for 2nd WC

Tigers have lost 7 of last 9

Anibal Sanchez and then Joe Nathan blew a 1-0 lead and 2 hit shutout when Crisp doubled, Jaso singled and Josh Donaldson (top 3 AL MVP candidate) homered to LF in the bottom of the 9th.

Edited by caulfield12

Noesi's been up and down with us so far, but he was truly excellent tonight. His stuff is pretty good. He and Rienzo have done a great job of picking up the slack. With Sale back and Danks coming off a great start, maybe things are starting to look up as far as our rotation goes.

Nice clutch hitting by Sierra. I hope we start phasing De Aza out in favor of him.

Great to get our first sweep (against the Indians no less) and move over .500.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 28, 2014 -> 11:54 PM)
Hey this is a Sox winner thread . Post that stuff in Diamond Club :P

My bad lol I only posted it cuz it was cool he hit his own picture on the scoreboard.

Can't wait to see some Abreu bombs next week

Thanks to Donaldson's walk off homer, the Sox are now just 4 games back of the Tigers (7 in the loss column). They've picked up 5 games in the standings in the last 10 games played.

At this point the Sox just need to worry about winning games.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 28, 2014 -> 10:26 PM)
I'm not gonna say Noesi is cooper fixed and everything is definitely trending upwards for him, but the guy obviously has good stuff. Sometimes his change is downright evil

He's doing a much better job of keeping his body under control and repeating his delivery. The nerves seem to have calmed too, and I think the Carroll demotion to the pen and the Rienzo coming back to Earth stuff probably made him feel a lot more comfortable on the mound, like he's not in immediate danger of losing his job. If he can just relax, keep it under control, and make his pitches, he'll become a quality piece of our core. Hahn needs to keep looking for more players like this.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 29, 2014 -> 09:10 AM)
You take that all day from your 4th/5th starter.

What makes him interesting though is that he has the ability IMO to be a #3 if he can keep improving. It's always nice to have pitchers that are useful on their downsides but have the upside to do more.

On Sierra, I'm not really sure I buy the power part of his game that was considered a potential strength when he was a prospect, but he can really hit the ball hard. Might be more of a line drive hitter, a 12-18 HR type if he gets the playing time. He needs to play though, and at this point, if it's him or DeAza then that's an easy decision to make.

I wonder if DeAza could get us an MLB reliever from another team? Maybe someone useful, not necessarily great, just someone else who can go out there and make outs. A replacement for Downs ideally.

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 29, 2014 -> 01:12 PM)
Two different reactions to "Sierra hits a walk off for the ChiSox" at the Blue Jays' board.

"Terrible move by the Jays. Guy is going to be a monster. Think he's going to follow a similar path to Frank Thomas(great underrated hitter that gets unlucky as a jay, DFA by them and claimed by the sox and turns into a shining star)"

"i guess he's not that useless after all."

LMFAO WAAAAAAT

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 29, 2014 -> 01:12 PM)
Two different reactions to "Sierra hits a walk off for the ChiSox" at the Blue Jays' board.

"Terrible move by the Jays. Guy is going to be a monster. Think he's going to follow a similar path to Frank Thomas(great underrated hitter that gets unlucky as a jay, DFA by them and claimed by the sox and turns into a shining star)"

"i guess he's not that useless after all."

That first post is sarcastic.

They absolutely despise him and rip on him every chance they can on that board.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 29, 2014 -> 01:55 PM)
It was a troll attempt but I found it to be pretty funny as a White Sox fan. The majority of the posters over there suck and hate everybody but there were a few that loved Sierra's bat.

Jays fan posters who didn't give two s***s about losing Sierra are in the same boat as Giants fan posters who didn't give 2 s***s about losing Gillaspie and those Mariners fans who were happy to see Noesi dumped off for nothing. Just nod your head politely and then say "Thank you."

Then you come back here and LOL about it.

Dumbf***s, that's what happens to your daughters when Hahn & his scouts roll through. You lose your Quintanas, all of them, and it isn't until much later that you realize you miss them. And then when you do realize that, you miss them twice as hard, because it puts some perspective on how far behind the curve you are.

Thank you Jay fans for Sierra. Talk s*** all you want. Thank you.

Edited by The Ultimate Champion

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 29, 2014 -> 01:18 PM)
That first post is sarcastic.

They absolutely despise him and rip on him every chance they can on that board.

I can totally see why. He is a really low baseball IQ player. He misses cut off men regularly, and doesn't have any patience at the plate.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 29, 2014 -> 03:28 PM)
I can totally see why. He is a really low baseball IQ player. He misses cut off men regularly, and doesn't have any patience at the plate.

I wouldn't necessarily say he's a low IQ player just that he's a flawed player in the sense that he's most suited to a bench role. I certainly like him more than Danks and it's good that Chicago was proactive in finding a decent outfielder once Avisail went down.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 29, 2014 -> 08:28 PM)

The question is can Todd Cooper fix em?