That's a White Sox Winner!

Andy the Clown

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 29, 2014 -> 05:52 PM)
I am impressed with Noesi. He just seems to be getting better each time out.

He actually has decent stuff, certainly decent enough to be a 5th starter. As long as he can avoid the gopherball grooved fastballs he should be alright in that role. I changed my opinion on him last night from "nope, AAAA material" to "hmm, might actually be a decent 5th starter". It's not much, but it's something.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 29, 2014 -> 04:56 PM)
"nope, AAAA material" to "hmm, might actually be a decent 5th starter". It's not much, but it's something.

That's a big deal actually. I'm not sold on him yet but I do think there's a chance at least now that he's a major league starter. We'll see going forward.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 29, 2014 -> 06:33 PM)
That's a big deal actually. I'm not sold on him yet but I do think there's a chance at least now that he's a major league starter. We'll see going forward.

For sure, you look at a guy like Carroll and its' easy to see he'll never be a decent 4th or 5th starter, he just doesn't have enough stuff to get MLB hitters out, especially the 2nd and 3rd time through. Hector on the other hand actually has a decent FB and a good curve. If he can continue to work on a repeatable consistent delivery that allows him to spot his stuff better he might have a nice little career.

Plus he's a dead ringer for Sweaty Freddie with the delivery and olive complexion, so I like that. Always will have a lot of respect for Freddie.

Edited by chitownsportsfan