2014 FIFA World Cup

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rough first ten minutes or so. Switching Zusi and Davis settled the backline down quite a bit.

Some good stuff going forward, just haven't had that final ball (Zusi was very, very close though). There's definitely been space on the wings. Need to be precise in the final third because Germany has looked really dangerous when they have had an opportunity to break on the counter. Lucky that Gonzalez has the only American yellow in that first half.

Very glad to see the early Portugal goal. If this match is still scoreless in the 80th minute, might see both teams take a foot off...

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 11:49 AM)
Outside of the first 10 minutes the USA played pretty well that half. Bradley continues to struggle, he has been really awful during the World Cup except for the first half against Portugal.

He's throwing it because of his dad.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 12:16 PM)
Is it just me or could Howard grab that header instead of hitting it back out?

Ghana scored. Hopefully they draw and Ghana doesn't score again

The punch wAs probably the correct play, especially when it's wet.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 12:23 PM)
Looked like another misplay by Bradley. I know pretty much nothing about soccer but is Bradley suppose to be good and just having bad games or what?

He's been in the right position and then has horrible touch.

I really find it laughable that people though the Germans would just lay down. They may not play to score 3 goals but they are arguably the best team in the world and on a class well above the US. However, if we can get a point, awesome, although our best chance is a draw / Portugal win. We are in trouble if Ghana wins as I don't think we are going to score and thus would lose the tiebreaker due to total goals scored. Come on...lets advance

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 12:32 PM)
The flopping is so pathetic in soccer. Lebron and Wade and half the Pacers would fit right in.

The first time I went overseas for a tournament I was shocked at the behavior even at our age. The coach would come off the bench with a bucket and sponge and all would be well. We didnt know how to counter the calls they got.