2014 FIFA World Cup

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Jun 28, 2014 -> 04:36 PM)
James may be the star of the tournament so far. He is extremely good.

well he just got his second.

Colombia at +116 today may have been a gift from the gambling gods.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jun 28, 2014 -> 11:57 AM)
Not taking anything away from Chile but I'll be shocked if Brazil makes it to the Final.

Haven't lost a competitive international game since 75. I am rooting majorly against them but they have the talent and ability, they have been choppy though. The two teams I can't stand winning are Mexico / Brazil.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 28, 2014 -> 04:50 PM)
Haven't lost a competitive international game since 75. I am rooting majorly against them but they have the talent and ability, they have been choppy though. The two teams I can't stand winning are Mexico / Brazil.

Thanks alot :lol:

Seriously though, this Brazilian side is the least talented WC team I can remember, if I were a betting man, I'd put money on them not making it to the Final. About Mexico vs Netherlands, I'm cautiously optimistic but the Netherlands are insanely good, I don't think we'll get past them tomorrow. Just hoping for a good showing by El Tri.

QUOTE (Joxer_Daly @ Jun 28, 2014 -> 08:22 PM)
Betting against Greece in that fixture is a risky business.

Yeah, I agree. Costa Rica has scored and defended. I don't see them having enough quality to break down a defensive team. It's still Costa Rica after all.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 29, 2014 -> 10:07 AM)
Team A finished first in a group containing Urugray, Italy and England

Team B finished second in a group containing Colombia, Ivory Coast and Japan

You bet on Team A every time.

That is a horrible way to decide who to bet on. Plus the group with Italy,Uruguay and England isnt looking that great now that we've seen how those teams played.

If I had to play this game, I'd take Greece at PK +100 for first 90 minutes. If it ties then the bet is canceled, if Greece wins then I get paid 1/1.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jun 29, 2014 -> 09:59 AM)
That is a horrible way to decide who to bet on. Plus the group with Italy,Uruguay and England isnt looking that great now that we've seen how those teams played.

If I had to play this game, I'd take Greece at PK +100 for first 90 minutes. If it ties then the bet is canceled, if Greece wins then I get paid 1/1.

Alright I'm going with your advice zen hopefully you don't let me down or else...

What about if I bet tie for the first 90? That seems like it would be a solid bet.

Edited by pettie4sox

Mexico with a very solid first half but couldn't punch across a goal.

Both teams looked very tired at the end of the first (cooling break), Mexico has seemingly controlled 70% of the game.

Van Persie and Robben haven't had many chances....a bit of a controversy near the end about a takedown of Robben in box but it wasn't called.

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Jun 29, 2014 -> 12:19 PM)
Wow at that save from Ochoa. Has anyone raised their value more during this World Cup than him?

It was hit right at him. He gets no credit. It would have hit him in the face.