2014 FIFA World Cup

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jun 29, 2014 -> 04:52 PM)
It doesn't matter how good the other team is, going from from up 1-0 in the 88th minute to still losing in regulation is choking.

On a BS flop by Robben

Anyways, a late goal on CR, let's go Ticos!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jun 29, 2014 -> 06:57 PM)
Greece deserved to lose that game. You can't have a man advantage that long and not capitalize.

CR was dead out there and Greece still couldnt do anything for 30 minutes.

I dont see how Costa Rica will be able to survive the Dutch. CR isnt going to have much left.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jun 29, 2014 -> 06:00 PM)

I dont see how Costa Rica will be able to survive the Dutch. CR isnt going to have much left.

Navas had an incredible game. Greece had two golden chances to score that he blocked, albeit somewhat inadvertently.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jun 29, 2014 -> 06:00 PM)

Greece doesn't know how to do anything. They play defense for the draw and hope for a possible counter. They aren't built to attack.

Mexico: It was a foul in the box, and a stupid one at that since the guy didn't even have the ball anymore.

Costa Rica: Nice job on the shootout. Was nice to see after all those painful misses yesterday by Brazil and Chile.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 29, 2014 -> 06:47 PM)
I feel like we've been told Costa Rica will be outmatched every game before they win. I'm not betting against them anymore (figuratively)

Greece is not a good team. Had Duarte not gotten that stupid second yellow, they would have won easily.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 07:27 AM)
Any reason to think Africa won't be totally eliminated today?

Not really:

France (Regular Time) -303

Nigeria (Regular Time) +700

TIE+375

Germany (Regular Time) -400

Algeria (Regular Time) +1000

TIE+500

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 07:38 AM)
I almost want to say, it's soccer and anything can happen but I can't see powerhouses like France and Germany losing today.

I could see Nigeria upsetting France (although it isn't likely) but I definitely can't see Algeria knocking off Germany.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 04:32 AM)
https://twitter.com/ussoccer/status/4819274...8313088/photo/1

Here's your excuse to take off the workday from Coach Klinsmann...pretty good stuff, hope there's not a letdown with all the excitement for US Men's soccer...probably the most excitement since 20 years ago.

Define letdown? We are the underdogs and were the underdogs. At this point, anything is gravy, but I believe that we will win!

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 03:42 PM)
Define letdown? We are the underdogs and were the underdogs. At this point, anything is gravy, but I believe that we will win!

I really want to win. I have only been able to see the Ghana game, and will not be able to see tomorrow. I don't want this to be over without getting to even watch them play. So I will be letdown :)

I really want to win. I have only been able to see the Ghana game, and will not be able to see tomorrow. I don't want this to be over without getting to even watch them play. So I will be letdown :)

This year's games are being played at 1/4/7 pm Rio time for the first two group stage games and at 1/5 pm local time for the third group stage game and the knockout round.

If 2018 follows the same schedule, with Moscow being 8 hours ahead of EDT in the summer, games will be at 5/8/11 am EDT and then 5/9 am EDT.

Qatar is only one hour behind Moscow, so this is our last chance to see afternoon games for a long time (unless of course 2022 gets moved to the US).