2014 FIFA World Cup

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 12:33 PM)
Really fun game so far. Each team has had some great chances and it seems like it is just a matter of time before one of the teams finds the back of the net.

France's quality in the final third has been really lacking so far. It's been a fun game pace-wise but the play hasn't been that great

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 11:26 AM)
This year's games are being played at 1/4/7 pm Rio time for the first two group stage games and at 1/5 pm local time for the third group stage game and the knockout round.

If 2018 follows the same schedule, with Moscow being 8 hours ahead of EDT in the summer, games will be at 5/8/11 am EDT and then 5/9 am EDT.

Qatar is only one hour behind Moscow, so this is our last chance to see afternoon games for a long time (unless of course 2022 gets moved to the US).

They are on the current schedule to get the games on in prime time in Europe. Should be roughly the same schedule for the US for the most part.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 05:26 PM)
This year's games are being played at 1/4/7 pm Rio time for the first two group stage games and at 1/5 pm local time for the third group stage game and the knockout round.

If 2018 follows the same schedule, with Moscow being 8 hours ahead of EDT in the summer, games will be at 5/8/11 am EDT and then 5/9 am EDT.

Qatar is only one hour behind Moscow, so this is our last chance to see afternoon games for a long time (unless of course 2022 gets moved to the US).

But afternoon games are the hardest times for me to see. I'd be able to wake up early to watch them. I can't stop working to watch a game for 3 hrs.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 11:47 AM)
But afternoon games are the hardest times for me to see. I'd be able to wake up early to watch them. I can't stop working to watch a game for 3 hrs.

Sure you can. You might get fired but World Cup. Priorities bmags.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 10:48 AM)
This World Cup is seriously wide open. Everyone is struggling or playing well depending on how you look at it.

I think there are a few teams that are well above everyone else. Just my 2 cents. Germany is one of those teams. Then again, I would have said that about Netherlands and they dang near lost to Mexico so what do I know.

I think there are a few teams that are well above everyone else. Just my 2 cents. Germany is one of those teams. Then again, I would have said that about Netherlands and they dang near lost to Mexico so what do I know.

Right, but Mexico was also arguably the best 2nd place team in the draw. Only other 2nd place teams I could see giving them a game are Chile and maybe the US on a good day.

I still think Brazil is going to put together a game soon. They had about 15 more quality chances vs. Chile, but they have been bad at finishing. Argentina will go far just because their route their looks really pretty.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 02:56 PM)
I still think Brazil is going to put together a game soon. They had about 15 more quality chances vs. Chile, but they have been bad at finishing. Argentina will go far just because their route their looks really pretty.

Whoever wins between US vs Belgium will definitely have a great shot at beating Argentina.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 04:49 PM)
Neuer incredible game. Saving Germany single handily right now

He's one of the few goalies that will go way out of the box to disrupt plays. That's a lot of confidence.