5/30 Games

GGajewski18

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 30, 2014 -> 10:10 PM)
Who? I have never heard of him

I just googled him, ha, he's a left handed hitting outfielder that played DIII baseball, just like yours truely, but unlike me he was a superstar on a really good team that won the DIII title his senior year and then got signed to a minor league deal after going undrafted.

Has good bloodlines as his father and brother also played pro ball, albeit without making MLB. He's hitting over .500 for the Dash in an extremely small sample size. Is also already 24, so would be a minor miracle if he ever panned out into anything other than org filler.

Still, good story and always nice to see DIII guys in pro ball. Guy I played against in the GLIAC Jim Dieters was drafted in the 30th round by the Indians but never made it above A ball after suffering an injury.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 30, 2014 -> 09:43 PM)
Trayce just can't get it going this year. Disappointing to see his development go backwards. At this stage, it's hard to imagine him becoming a big leaguer.

Same with Mitchell and Walker. Walker has now struck out in over half his AB's. Cannot imagine Thompson, Mitchell, or Walker being on the 40 man next year.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 30, 2014 -> 10:16 PM)
I just googled him, ha, he's a left handed hitting outfielder that played DIII baseball, just like yours truely, but unlike me he was a superstar on a really good team that won the DIII title his senior year and then got signed to a minor league deal after going undrafted.

Has good bloodlines as his father and brother also played pro ball, albeit without making MLB. He's hitting over .500 for the Dash in an extremely small sample size. Is also already 24, so would be a minor miracle if he ever panned out into anything other than org filler.

Still, good story and always nice to see DIII guys in pro ball. Guy I played against in the GLIAC Jim Dieters was drafted in the 30th round by the Indians but never made it above A ball after suffering an injury.

I played against him in regionals. I played for Aurora University. Jirchele went 0-3 against us. But they beat us 3-2.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 30, 2014 -> 10:43 PM)
Trayce just can't get it going this year. Disappointing to see his development go backwards. At this stage, it's hard to imagine him becoming a big leaguer.

If you've ever seen his swing it's always been hard to imagine him as a big leaguer. He cut it down some, not enough though.

Buddy Bell still thinks he's going to win the Triple Crown though.

IMO it's about time to trade Joe Borchard, Jr. for Matt Thornton, Jr. Great trade before, do it again now. Somewhere under that golden moon there is another Buddy Bell dreaming under it, only he's working for somebody else, and whatever Coop projects they have we need. Especially lefty ones because all ours blow.

QUOTE (oldsox @ May 31, 2014 -> 07:51 AM)
Same with Mitchell and Walker. Walker has now struck out in over half his AB's. Cannot imagine Thompson, Mitchell, or Walker being on the 40 man next year.

Mitchell's off the roster by mid-June IMO, as soon as we start making deals. We'll probably get at least 1-for-2 or 2-for-3 deal where we remove one guy from the 40 but have to add 2 more.

Nestor Molina's time is about up as well, but given the comments of the org, Mitchell is gone first.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 30, 2014 -> 10:43 PM)

I was probably more bullish on him than any prospect in the system. I really like his tools and his swing, UT he just can't put it together. It's extremely disappointing.

Hawkins has to be the number 1 prospect in the system again.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ May 31, 2014 -> 09:13 AM)
If you've ever seen his swing it's always been hard to imagine him as a big leaguer. He cut it down some, not enough though.

Buddy Bell still thinks he's going to win the Triple Crown though.

IMO it's about time to trade Joe Borchard, Jr. for Matt Thornton, Jr. Great trade before, do it again now. Somewhere under that golden moon there is another Buddy Bell dreaming under it, only he's working for somebody else, and whatever Coop projects they have we need. Especially lefty ones because all ours blow.

Borchard was 10X the prospect Mitchell ever was...let's not forget how much money they invested into him, his AA season, the fact that he actually received a decent amount of major league playing time and hit the longest homer in USCF history, etc.