http://www.milb.com/scoreboard/index.jsp?c...mp;ymd=20140531

Carlos Sanchez 0-4

Matt Davidson 0-3, walk

Josh Phegley 0-2, 2 walks

Trayce Thompson 1-3, homer, sac fly

Rangel Ravelo 1-3, walk

Tim Anderson 4-5, triple

Courtney Hawkins 0-2, 2 walks

(Justin Jirschele 3-4 with a double, hitting .576 on the year with no strikeouts in 37 PA)

Cleuluis Rondon 0-4, HBP, sac fly

Trey Michalczewski 2-5, walk

Charlie Leesman 5.0 IP, 8H, 3ER, 4BB, 10K

Tony Bucciferro 7.0 IP, 7H, 1ER, 1BB, 6K

Edited by Feeky Magee

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ May 31, 2014 -> 07:18 PM)
Davidson is having an awful year wow.

The "silver lining" is that it has allowed Gillaspie an opportunity to demonstrate that he needs to stay on the roster and play every game vs. right handed pitching.

And speaking of "lining", that's what he's doing to the ball, virtually every at bat vs RHP, with a .373 .426 .500 .926 line, in 102 at bats.

Moreover it's a "hard" .373, with very few cheap hits. He may not be elevating balls, for homers, but he has made a believer out of me.

If Davidson had started hitting early, Gillaspie may never have had a chance to prove himself.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 31, 2014 -> 08:32 PM)
Agreed, maybe the most underachieving top 100 prospect in all of baseball.

Just out of curiosity I looked into it....Of the top 100 prospects on MLB.com only Mason Williams(#63), Rosell Herrera(#86), and Phil Ervin(#91) have a lower OPS than Davidson(#67).

QUOTE (Lillian @ May 31, 2014 -> 07:39 PM)
The "silver lining" is that it has allowed Gillaspie an opportunity to demonstrate that he needs to stay on the roster and play every game vs. right handed pitching.

And speaking of "lining", that's what he's doing to the ball, virtually every at bat vs RHP, with a .373 .426 .500 .926 line, in 102 at bats.

Moreover it's a "hard" .373, with very few cheap hits. He may not be elevating balls, for homers, but he has made a believer out of me.

If Davidson had started hitting early, Gillaspie may never have had a chance to prove himself.

Oh no doubt. And Davidson is only 22 or 23. So I'm not worried yet. And I like Gillaspie so I'm fine with it. It gives us a good LH bat

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Jun 1, 2014 -> 10:32 AM)
Oh no doubt. And Davidson is only 22 or 23. So I'm not worried yet. And I like Gillaspie so I'm fine with it. It gives us a good LH bat

No reason for you to be worried about Davidson. Hahn should be worried.