6/1 Games

GGajewski18

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jun 1, 2014 -> 02:17 PM)
Kris Bryant 2-run homer off Chris Beck. Bryant is so, so good.

Haven't seen all of their big prospects but have seen several of them on their way up. He's the first where I was legitimately impressed.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 1, 2014 -> 02:14 PM)
Haven't seen all of their big prospects but have seen several of them on their way up. He's the first where I was legitimately impressed.

Bryant is gonna be real

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 1, 2014 -> 02:14 PM)

Yeah, I think he'll be the best of the "big four". Almora is still young, but I expect him and Soler will be gone via trade for some pitching I'm sure.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jun 1, 2014 -> 02:14 PM)
How soon does he go to Birmingham?

Maybe by July? No way they continue Blough starting.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jun 1, 2014 -> 02:21 PM)
Bryant has hit over 100% above league average at every stop. wRC+s of 214, 209, 212 and 219. I think I'd have him over any prospect in baseball, even Buxton.

Bryant might be the best pure hitter in the minors, but Buxton can play a GG centerfield. That's Bryant's only downside, that he is most likely going to be a corner outfielder. But he'll be superstar-level hitter.

Beck's day is done at 6IP 5H 2ER 3BB 4K. ERA at 3.72

Thompson 1-2 with a HR and K

Montas 7IP 5H 1ER 0BB 6K. ERA at 1.46

Barnum 1-2 with 2B, BB and RBI

Anderson 0-4 K

Hawkins 0-3 K

Voight 2-3 with HR and 2 RBIs

Is May hurt? He hasn't played in a while.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 1, 2014 -> 03:38 PM)
Rondon is hitting 245 so thats eh but Wendelken is pitching real well lately too.

These two guys were the throw-ins in the Peavy trade. Garcia was obviously the centerpiece, but Montas was the other key part of the deal. His upside has always been high, but he was probably bit underrated due to being an extremely raw player in an incredibly deep system. Right now, he's a top three pitching prospect in our system and if he keeps this up he could arguably pass Danish & Beck to claim the top spot (excluding our pick at 1-3).

IMO, if either Garcia or Montas develops into an above-average player, the Peavy trade is a huge win for us. If somehow both make it, then we're talking about one of the best trades in Sox history. On top of that, Wendleken has some shot of making it as a reliever and Rondon has a small chance of becoming a starting shortstop simply because his glove is so good (although I'm totally skeptical of his bat developing). Way too early to truly evaluate the trade, but the initial returns are promising.