6/1 Games

GGajewski18

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 1, 2014 -> 09:00 PM)
How do you give up 8 BB's in 5 innings?? Wow.

I think it's called being afraid to put the ball over the plate because then the hitter will hit it very hard.

QUOTE (daggins @ Jun 1, 2014 -> 06:23 PM)
EJohnson - no hits, 7BB, 1K thru 3

Has a high profile guy in our org flamed out like this before? Like, a top 100 prospect just not able to find the strike zone at all? There has to be something wrong with him right?

Can't remember the last time that happened but we did get someone from the Angels that did the same thing, Reckling IIRC, pretty sure he's done.

It happens. You never want to hope for an injury but I hope there's an injury with Johnson because otherwise it's not good at all.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 2, 2014 -> 08:38 AM)
I can't get my head around what is going on with Johnson. I'd like to see some video, see if anything has changed mechanically. The loss of velocity may or may not be injury-related.

Extremely baffling. He has lost 3-5 mph

Rick Ankiel completely lost the strike zone, but it wasn't due to losing velocity.

Not sure how much of this situation is physical and how much of it's psychological, but it seems the physical problems are leading to psychological ones in this case as he's going steadily downhill/backwards.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 2, 2014 -> 10:00 AM)
I would think if Johnson was hurt, the Sox wouldn't keep trotting him out there.

Definitely, assuming they know for sure. Sometimes they don't. Erik could be hiding an injury, which is stupid but it happens. More likely he's got a "dead arm" or the like, combined with mental issues right now. Still puzzling.