Sale told to cut his beard

southsider2k5

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it when people cry so much over something that does not affect their lives in the least bit. The Sox are a multi-million dollar business. They want the people that represent the business on a global scale to be well groomed and have a reasonably nice appearance. There is nothing wrong with that at all. Nearly every business in the world has some sort of dress or appearance code, why should the Sox be any different.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 03:52 PM)
I love it when people cry so much over something that does not affect their lives in the least bit. The Sox are a multi-million dollar business. They want the people that represent the business on a global scale to be well groomed and have a reasonably nice appearance. There is nothing wrong with that at all. Nearly every business in the world has some sort of dress or appearance code, why should the Sox be any different.

There's also absolutely nothing wrong with having a f***ing beard, either.

QUOTE (Charlie Haeger's Knuckles @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 03:57 PM)
There's also absolutely nothing wrong with having a f***ing beard, either.

I think they just wanted him to clean it up, not look like a homeless beanpole. Did Dunn shave his off, or clean it up? Also, doesnt Eaton have a beard?

QUOTE (MAX @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 04:04 PM)
Like jerry reinsdorf crying about facial hair?

It does affect Reinsdorf. This is his business. Like it or not, if his players all had long hair and long scraggly beards it will affect their reputation to a good amount of people. Their reputation is huge when it comes to gaining or losing corporate sponsors.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 04:08 PM)
It does affect Reinsdorf. This is his business. Like it or not, if his players all had long hair and long scraggly beards it will affect their reputation to a good amount of people. Their reputation is huge when it comes to gaining or losing corporate sponsors.

One cannot say for certain it would have an effect at all one way or the other. I don't agree with the assumption that it would have a negative effect. It may even have a positive effect. It adds character.

Many teams in baseball obviously do not believe it has an effect.

Edited by MAX

White Sox players can have beards, they just have to keep them neatly groomed. JR has a no headband rule for the Bulls, and I think corn rows where forbidden at least for a while.

Sale doesn't seem offended. I don't know why anyone here would be offended.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 05:20 PM)
White Sox players can have beards, they just have to keep them neatly groomed. JR has a no headband rule for the Bulls, and I think corn rows where forbidden at least for a while.

Sale doesn't seem offended. I don't know why anyone here would be offended.

I don't think anyone here is offended. I am just perplexed by the importance placed on this. There is a reason that its a joke in the simpsons. It is because its comical behavior for an owner to care about this.

QUOTE (MAX @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 05:45 PM)
I don't think anyone here is offended. I am just perplexed by the importance placed on this. There is a reason that its a joke in the simpsons. It is because its comical behavior for an owner to care about this.

Honestly posters on here have probably spent more time worrying about this than the entire White Sox organization.

It's like being told to come to work with a nicer outfit, you say sorry and come back the next day with something nicer on. It takes all of what, 2 minutes of time/focus?

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 09:08 PM)

Is this the 60s? Long hair and facial hair represent nothing at this point.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 02:26 PM)
Athletes aren't role models. At least they shouldn't be.

Tell that to little kids. Geez, when I was one, I sure idolized guys like Minoso, Appling, Fox, Pierce, Aparicio, etc.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 04:00 PM)
I think they just wanted him to clean it up, not look like a homeless beanpole. Did Dunn shave his off, or clean it up? Also, doesnt Eaton have a beard?

this^^ meaning i get it, who cares but i noticed how awful it looked on mlb now(mlb network) two days ago(i think). he could have one like this:

chris-sale-getty.png

this is from the interview the other day, big difference lol

Bo6ZoPKIEAAUAVB.jpg

• 2 weeks later...