6/4 Games

GGajewski18

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jun 4, 2014 -> 09:44 PM)
I am sure he won't go more than 4-5 innings to stay on track, but I am very excited for Guererro.

I'm still waiting for an updated scouting report before I let myself get too excited, but statistically he's been very impressive.

Saladino has been on fire recently, .429/.667/1.095 over his last 10 games and adds another triple today. I hope Hahn is working on some way to move some of the middle infield players, between Semien, Micah Johnson, Sanchez & Saladino there's at least 3 major leaguers in that group for only 1 potential open spot next year depending on what they do with Beckham.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jun 4, 2014 -> 06:22 PM)
Carlos Sanchez might be on the juice. Just hit another dinger.

You sure that wasn't Phegley? Unless the boxscore is way behind.

Semien out of the game. Hit in the ankle area.

Edited by flavum

Its sort of bonkers to think that if he keeps hitting them at near his current rate, Davidson could still get to 20 homers this year. They might be his only hits but that is still power at least.

Have to hope he bounces back.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 04:13 AM)
Pretty cool Carlos Sanchez fact I just figured out:

3 HRs in first 1889 MiLB at-bats, across 1456 days

3 HRs in last 58 MiLB at-bats, across 10 days

I am happy as everyone is about his success, but the power # in 58 at-bats???? ummmm

QUOTE (Bruce_Blixton @ Jun 4, 2014 -> 06:27 PM)
Saladino has been on fire recently, .429/.667/1.095 over his last 10 games and adds another triple today. I hope Hahn is working on some way to move some of the middle infield players, between Semien, Micah Johnson, Sanchez & Saladino there's at least 3 major leaguers in that group for only 1 potential open spot next year depending on what they do with Beckham.

It appears that that needs some thinning out.

What we need is more pitching and some outfielders.

But we have been singularly impotent at trading for "ML ready" pitching prospects over the last several years (as per the results of the Jackson, Santos and Quentin trades). Do better finding some in the low minors and developing them ourselves.

Sanchez's K rate is up about 5% this year. Even in a down year in 2013 it was right around 15%, which is in line with his career.

He might be selling out contact to hit the ball harder, a good plan if he wants to make the majors. So far so good.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 08:46 AM)
Almost every time fathom makes a post about how bad Davidson is hitting, he hits a home run. Keep it coming!

I should get at least some credit for badmouthing Leury and comparing him and Saladino unfavorably with Eduardo Escobar.

What does he do? Hits his first MLB homer over the CF wall in Dodger Stadium. And another hit.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 01:38 PM)
He's not on their roster, nor are Luis Castillo or Victor Done. My guess is all three will be on the AZL team, who open play on 6/20.

You can see where they are bringing in lots of young kids though. 5 guys on the roster were born in 1997, and another 7 in 1996, plus three more who haven't hit their 19th birthday as of yet.