Winner winner!

Bigsoxhurt35

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 07:11 AM)
So you missed the beginning of the play, where it got messed up to begin with. Beckham put Abreu in a bad spot, he didnt really force the runner back, and gave it to Abreu and forced him to come up the line after the runner. Of course he was hesitant, he shouldnt have been there to begin with

Fair enough.

I'm sure Balta got a kick out of it, though.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 01:12 PM)
Danks has looked like vintage John Danks tonight.

He was very impressive last night. He kept going away, away, away with slow stuff, and then when he got two strikes, he painted the inside corner with a fastball.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 08:41 AM)
He was very impressive last night. He kept going away, away, away with slow stuff, and then when he got two strikes, he painted the inside corner with a fastball.

His last three starts 23.1IP, 3ER, 13H, 4BB, 13K, 36GB, 1.16ERA, 0.729WHIP, 3.25K/BB. His ERA has fallen 1.32 points over that time.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 10:15 AM)
Tigers are reeling right now. We need 3 of 4 from DET. We need to take care of KC they don't score nor have power.

We need to keep developing the kids we have and not lose track of what this team is supposed to be doing.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 04:20 PM)
We need to keep developing the kids we have and not lose track of what this team is supposed to be doing.

I think gaining experience in competitive baseball is awesome for development.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 10:20 AM)

At the same time, we are contending at the moment and there's no reason to lose track of that because of the fact we weren't supposed to at the beginning of the year.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 11:25 AM)
I think gaining experience in competitive baseball is awesome for development.

This too.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 11:36 AM)
So I have not seen any of John's last 3 starts, is his fastball looking better or is he just keeping his slow stuff down and hitting his spots?

He's keeping the ball down. I wasn't looking at the pitch speed the last couple on TV but his last start at USCF which Belli gave up 3 in the 9th, he was hitting 90-91 reguarly the first 5 or 6 innings.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 11:36 AM)
So I have not seen any of John's last 3 starts, is his fastball looking better or is he just keeping his slow stuff down and hitting his spots?

He looks like he spotting in the zone, and just out of the zone, a little better. His change up has looked really good, and occasionally throwing in the curve in the last half of the game. Honestly it reminded me of Mark Buehrle with this pitch selection and location.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 11:37 AM)
The Sox have played 6 more games than the Tigers. That could be something to keep an eye on.

Yeah how the hell did THAT happen? Seems like some crazy rainoutness

I imagine that having to make those games up at this point will mean they are played in less than ideal conditions, like planned off days or doubleheaders. Could definitely be a slight advantage for us.

As most know, I love to cherry pick....Sans 2 games where Danks was absolutely shelled, giving up 15 runs in 9.2 innings, Johnny has a 2.89 ERA in his other 10 starts. 9 of his 12 starts have been of the quality variety.....

I know a lot of people have talked about trading Danks, but if he keeps this up for the next 2 months, there's no way I'm trading him.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 12:40 PM)
As most know, I love to cherry pick....Sans 2 games where Danks was absolutely shelled, giving up 15 runs in 9.2 innings, Johnny has a 2.89 ERA in his other 10 starts. 9 of his 12 starts have been of the quality variety.....

I know a lot of people have talked about trading Danks, but if he keeps this up for the next 2 months, there's no way I'm trading him.

And as everyone always tells you, you just can't do that. You can take a start or two away from everyone and their numbers look much better. Take Danks' two best starts away and let me know what his numbers look like.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 01:50 PM)
And as everyone always tells you, you just can't do that. You can take a start or two away from everyone and their numbers look much better. Take Danks' two best starts away and let me know what his numbers look like.

It does seem like he's finding a groove since that "multiple bullpen session" week, gotta grant that.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 10:50 AM)

Meh. 9 out of 12 starts being QS - that's what's important and is an indication he's on the rise again.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 12:50 PM)

I can...and did ;)