Sox Draft Carlos Rodon> Draft Day Discussion Thread

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 12:57 PM)
#133 on BA, #277 on scout.com, Callis says he doesn't think he'll stick as catcher, more of a left-fielder, former supplemental first-rounder

If he's the guy on the couch next to Rodon passing him the bowl then I don't care what position he plays or if he ever makes it at all. My god Hahn is just knocking this thing out of the park. Watch us get a guy 5th round that's over slut, just watch. #3 money goes to Rodon, #4 to Adams and the guy helps negotiations, #5 is a player who #6 pays for. Hahn is just murdering this thing right now. Holy balls. He should have run these drafts a long time ago.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 01:01 PM)
Eric (Memphis)

White Sox just picked Brett Austin. Any chance he sticks at catcher?

Klaw (2:00 PM)

Nonzero also. He should go give talks at HS showcases about the dangers of turning down seven figures out of high school.

Wow that is cold.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 01:00 PM)
I remember seeing on the NC State Twitter that they were running a competition on predicting when Rodon, Turner and Austin would go. Most of their fans were predicting first day for Austin. Obviously fan bias at play, but they think highly of him.

Quite sad to think they had three guys that high in the draft and didn't even make the NCAA Tournament.

Just superficially looking at Brett Austin's twitter, he doesn't appear to be good friends with Rodon. He tweeted yesterday how happy he was for Trea Turner getting drafted and that he deserved it, but he never tweeted a single thing about Rodon. And just skimming through his pictures, he's never posted a picture with, or tagged Rodon in anything. It's always Turner and a few other NC State teammates.

PTI - Private Twitter Investigator.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 01:07 PM)
Indians signed Justus Sheffield. Good quick sign.

Just wait until he sees what the city looks like.

True story, according to Farmio, when they drafted Farmio his first thought wasn't something like "Boy I'm so excited I always wanted to play in the big leagues" it was actually "I don't want to play in Cleveland." DJ sounded a bit shocked but he shouldn't have been.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 01:00 PM)
So not only do they go under slut but they get a guy who has handled Rodon's balls, my god what a pick. Hahn is KILLING IT.

Hahn's killing it is paling in comparison to your killing it. You're on a roll. Keep up the fine work.