Sox Draft Carlos Rodon> Draft Day Discussion Thread

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 03:34 PM)
Yea I was gonna say the last thing you want to do is over extend yourself with the bonus money and have to let Adams go. Gotta be careful with these picks and make sure there is money there for Adams and Rodon.

Yeah I think that's all that is happening.

I'd like at least ONE more exiciting player though if at all possible.

Or at least a nice looking RP prospect that on the surface doesn't need 2-3 years in the minors.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 03:22 PM)
That is true, although they rarely pay it. Shawon Dunston had to sue the Cubs to get his tuition money.

That was a long time ago. A lot of these kids are going to school now. Not sure about the ones that wash out of baseball though, that may be different.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 03:41 PM)
The picks 3 through 5 weren't bad at all even if they are very sign able guys. It's really just these last two that are of little excitement.

I like the Lechich pick too. Under slot senior who at least is a plus defender and has decent pop in the bat.

LIU Brooklyn baseball senior John Ziznewski was named the 2014 Northeast Conference Player of the Year, it was announced at the annual tournament banquet Wednesday evening. The shortstop also earned first team All-NEC honors, along with classmate Pete Leonello, who earned first team honors for the second time in his career. Senior Kevin Needham and redshirt freshman Mark Hernandez were also honored by the conference coaches, being named second team All-NEC. It was the first conference honor for both.

After earning All-NEC second team and All-Tournament Team honors at shortstop in 2013, Ziznewski moved up to the first team this spring and became the first LIU Blackbird since Joe Zeccardi in 1999 to capture the conference's top individual honor.

This season, John Ziznewski was a three-time NEC Player of the Week, named a Top Performer of the Week by NCAA.com and was Corvias/ECAC Baseball Player of the Week for NCAA DIvision I in the Metro-Upstate Region.

The Staten Island native finished the season leading the Northeast Conference in five offensive categories, including hits (72), home runs (9), runs batted in (55), slugging percentage (.589) and total bases (116), . He was also second in the conference in stolen bases (18), on-base percentage (.431) and runs scored (50), while coming in third overall in the league in batting average (.365).