White Sox @ Angels 9:05 CT CSN

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jun 7, 2014 -> 10:57 PM)
The question was not who you'd take right now, it's who'd you choose to start an all-or-nothing game. Age means nothing

So when exactly is this all-or-nothing game taking place other than right now? Because even if you say Mark's had the better year, career, etc., there is no one better than Chris the last month or so and it's not particularly close.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 7, 2014 -> 10:59 PM)
So when exactly is this all-or-nothing game taking place other than right now? Because even if you say Mark's had the better year, career, etc., there is no one better than Chris the last month or so and it's not particularly close.

I basically meant it as a World Series game 7 right now (or in 5 days)

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jun 7, 2014 -> 09:59 PM)
Not sure why people think De Aza is a scrub. The guy was pretty good before, he's just been scuffling.

Because of how poorly he played last year (fundamentals, baserunning, fielding...) and the fact he has been one of the least productive hitters in the majors for two months this season.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/batting/_/sor.../qualified/true

He still has the 8th worst OPS among qualfied hitters in the majors coming into tonight's game.

If he was doing this coming off a really good season, and he wasn't a year older...then the concerns wouldn't be so loud.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jun 8, 2014 -> 04:57 AM)
The question was not who you'd take right now, it's who'd you choose to start an all-or-nothing game. Age means nothing

That's a good question. I'd probably take Sale, with the assumption it's the healthy Sale. I wouldn't want Sale having a dead arm and having to leave after four or something.

Sale is on a roll right now, though. Who knows which one I'd take in October? It might be Mark depending on the health of the two and how both are doing at the time.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 7, 2014 -> 11:07 PM)
Because of how poorly he played last year (fundamentals, baserunning, fielding...) and the fact he has been one of the least productive hitters in the majors for two months this season.

If he was doing this coming off a really good season, and he wasn't a year older...then the concerns wouldn't be so loud.

He was at worst around average year. It's hard to find guys that can play CF.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 7, 2014 -> 11:04 PM)
I basically meant it as a World Series game 7 right now (or in 5 days)

I'd take the guy whose OBA is .060 the last 5 games.

.126 overall....Opponents are hitting .253 off Buehrle (Not trying to knock him, just sayin.)

Edited by scs787