GAMETHREAD 6/8: SOX @ LAA

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 8, 2014 -> 04:50 PM)
Hawk and Stone defending RV about last night company line 101. Abreu does not hit this offense does not score.

Hawk is entitled to his opinion but so are those who disagree with Robin's decision to leave Sale in after he lost the shutout last night. The problem with Hawk is he declares Ventura's decision was "absolutely certainly the right decision" then mocks someone who disagrees with the decision "after the fact" as Hawk puts it.

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jun 8, 2014 -> 04:54 PM)
Hawk is entitled to his opinion but so are those who disagree with Robin's decision to leave Sale in after he lost the shutout last night. The problem with Hawk is he declares Ventura's decision was "absolutely certainly the right decision" then mocks someone who disagrees with the decision "after the fact" as Hawk puts it.

In the past Hawk has ripped opposing managers in situations like last night through the years, yet because it is RV time to coddle and baby him. Hawk loves to tell it like it is unless it is a Sox manager.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jun 8, 2014 -> 05:14 PM)
Hawk: "You're not gonna sneak up on Scioscia, he's one of the best" as he takes Wilson out in the 8th after giving up a walk.

Yet RV decision is great..........Hawk is so full of it.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jun 8, 2014 -> 05:14 PM)
Hawk: "You're not gonna sneak up on Scioscia, he's one of the best" as he takes Wilson out in the 8th with a 4 -0 lead after giving up a walk.

Whatever Ventura says or Hawk says, maybe Robin learned something last night. We'll see what he does the next time they're in a similar spot. Or Coop.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 8, 2014 -> 05:15 PM)
Yet RV decision is great..........Hawk is so full of it.

No kidding, Sale clearly wasn't that sharp at the end of the 7th and probably you could make the argument in hindsight it was obvious and he should have been pulled after Alexie's error. You could see that he was at that point "effectively wild" as he couldn't spot his slider for s*** and his fastball for that matter as well. The velocity was there, the command was not.

That said, last night is like reason #38382929 I'd fire Robin, he's been asleep at the wheel far longer than last night and his daily lineup construction is a bigger issue for me.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 8, 2014 -> 05:18 PM)
No kidding, Sale clearly wasn't that sharp at the end of the 7th and probably you could make the argument in hindsight it was obvious and he should have been pulled after Alexie's error. You could see that he was at that point "effectively wild" as he couldn't spot his slider for s*** and his fastball for that matter as well. The velocity was there, the command was not.

That said, last night is like reason #38382929 I'd fire Robin, he's been asleep at the wheel far longer than last night and his daily lineup construction is a bigger issue for me.

Ventura has been over his head from day 1. Ventura is not 1% better today than when he was hired, I could care less he was a Sox player means nothing to me as a manager. This team wins in spite of him not because of him.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 8, 2014 -> 04:22 PM)
Ventura has been over his head from day 1. Ventura is not 1% better today than when he was hired, I could care less he was a Sox player means nothing to me as a manager. This team wins in spite of him not because of him.

Ozzie would have this team at least 10 games over .500 now.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 8, 2014 -> 05:22 PM)

Won't get any argument from me. He makes the same "rookie mistakes" he did 3 years ago. I understand those sort of mistakes when it's your 1st year managing but things like leaving yourself short of pitchers in a 12 inning game like earlier this year, that stuff is just inexcusable as a 3rd year manager.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 8, 2014 -> 05:24 PM)
Won't get any argument from me. He makes the same "rookie mistakes" he did 3 years ago. I understand those sort of mistakes when it's your 1st year managing but things like leaving yourself short of pitchers in a 12 inning game like earlier this year, that stuff is just inexcusable as a 3rd year manager.

Agree 100%