White Sox vs Tigers

Kyyle23

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 08:59 PM)
I like Noesi alot when he is going 5 innings. After that... yikes. Still think he is the perfect LR guy down the road.. maybe even develops to be a #4-5, but right now he is a 4-5 innings pitcher.

He got lucky in the 4th his tank is empty.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 08:59 PM)
I like Noesi alot when he is going 5 innings. After that... yikes. Still think he is the perfect LR guy down the road.. maybe even develops to be a #4-5, but right now he is a 4-5 innings pitcher.

It's way too early to make any definitive judgements about him.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 07:55 PM)
He is what he is. If he was a good baserunner and fielder he could be a 2-5 WAR player. But, he's not, in fact he's an awful runner and an awful defender. It adds up to around 1 WAR unless he hits more than 260/310/400, and I really don't think he can. He has plenty of PA in MLB and the last 300 or so he's had zero injury excuse.

At least a guy like Eaton can contribute even if he's hitting 260. Viciedo just bring nothing except his bat, and his bat isn't very good.

I wish he was a 1 WAR player. His first 3 years with the Sox, he was 0.2, 0.1 and 0.3. He was -0.1 last year and is at -0.1 this year.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 07:57 PM)
He's not an awful defender.

Yes, yes he is.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jun 10, 2014 -> 03:03 AM)
Viciedo is even worse than awful at defense.

Viciedo is a DH who doesn't hit well enough to be a DH. Unfortunately, the Sox seem to have all the LHP in the AL so he can't feast off of them.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 09:00 PM)
It's way too early to make any definitive judgements about him.

He's been like that since his Mariners days. Going deep into his games has always been his biggest problem. I commend Cooper for getting him to be more aggressive in the zone, but after the 4th-5th inning (or sometimes he'll struggle in the first, then be good for 4-5 innings after), he struggles a bit.. except when he is facing an NL lineup. :lol: We'll see later on however.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 09:04 PM)
Never been a fan of waiting until the end of the AB to bring in a reliever. If the first two pitches were nowhere close and it's 2-0, don't wait for him to walk the guy and just call the 'pen.

Why should the next pitcher be responsible for that walk?