White Sox vs Tigers

Kyyle23

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 09:04 PM)
Never been a fan of waiting until the end of the AB to bring in a reliever. If the first two pitches were nowhere close and it's 2-0, don't wait for him to walk the guy and just call the 'pen.

Wait can you even do that?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 09:07 PM)
Why should the next pitcher be responsible for that walk?

The next pitcher might not walk him; I'd rather have a fresh arm in who can actually throw a strike rather than a tired starter who will almost definitely walk him.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 09:09 PM)
The next pitcher might not walk him; I'd rather have a fresh arm in who can actually throw a strike rather than a tired starter who will almost definitely walk him.

You have no idea if either the starter or replacement will walk or strike him out, but it isn't fair to the next pitcher to only allow him one pitch outside of the zone

There is a reason managers don't do it

Not to be overly negative but how slow has DeAza become? He would have been out had Porcello not made that horrendous throw. Watch the replay. He might have been able to set and fire and still get DeAza there.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 09:10 PM)
You have no idea if either the starter or replacement will walk or strike him out, but it isn't fair to the next pitcher to only allow him one pitch outside of the zone

There is a reason managers don't do it

I don't care about what's fair or what's not, the reliever will, by statistics, have a higher chance of getting the batter out than the worn-down starter.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 09:03 PM)
I wish he was a 1 WAR player. His first 3 years with the Sox, he was 0.2, 0.1 and 0.3. He was -0.1 last year and is at -0.1 this year.

Yes, yes he is.

With all due respect, you're not qualified to call a player a good or bad defender. Have you ever even seen him play?

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 09:12 PM)
I don't care about what's fair or what's not, the reliever will, by statistics, have a higher chance of getting the batter out than the worn-down starter.

If that was true then why don't other managers do it? Tell me, when is the last time you saw a manager pull a pitcher after throwing a second ball? I haven't seen it once this season

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 09:14 PM)
If that was true then why don't other managers do it? Tell me, when is the last time you saw a manager pull a pitcher after throwing a second ball? I haven't seen it once this season

I haven't seen them do it this season either.