White Sox vs Tigers

Kyyle23

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 10, 2014 -> 01:44 AM)
To me, Toronto is the obvious choice for Beckham if they trade him.

Can we please not ruin a great night of Sox baseball with this trade Beckham and trade Ramirez and 3/4 of the team stuff ;) :lol: We are in this to win.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 08:51 PM)
I've given up on Viciedo. Even with his better approach he can't consistently hit balls in the zone. He yanks off so many pitches.

I agree, but when Viciedo's seeing the ball well, he'll put the whole damn team on his back for a week or two. Then he'll have a two month dry spell.

The Sox need to have Frank Thomas teach guys like Tank how to draw some walks. Tank's career batting average is really going to be awful unless he learns 'some' plate discipline.

I thought Abreu's presence was really helping Tank. But Tank came into tonight at .260 with a mere five homers. A .311 OBP. I'm not giving him a passing grade for his 15 walks.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 09:53 PM)
I agree, but when Viciedo's seeing the ball well, he'll put the whole damn team on his back for a week or two. Then he'll have a two month dry spell.

He is what he is. If he was a good baserunner and fielder he could be a 2-5 WAR player. But, he's not, in fact he's an awful runner and an awful defender. It adds up to around 1 WAR unless he hits more than 260/310/400, and I really don't think he can. He has plenty of PA in MLB and the last 300 or so he's had zero injury excuse.

At least a guy like Eaton can contribute even if he's hitting 260. Viciedo just bring nothing except his bat, and his bat isn't very good.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 08:42 PM)
Haven't seen him yet, any thoughts?

Seen two of his three ABs. The one I missed was a misplay by one of the Ole Miss players, but the two I saw he hit a rope down the LF line for a double and drew a nice walk. He's 2-3, 2 2Bs, BB so far.

As far as the infiled, haven't seen alot of balls hit his way, although his range seems decent, but not elite.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 10, 2014 -> 02:55 AM)
He is what he is. If he was a good baserunner and fielder he could be a 2-5 WAR player. But, he's not, in fact he's an awful runner and an awful defender. It adds up to around 1 WAR unless he hits more than 260/310/400, and I really don't think he can. He has plenty of PA in MLB and the last 300 or so he's had zero injury excuse.

At least a guy like Eaton can contribute even if he's hitting 260. Viciedo just bring nothing except his bat, and his bat isn't very good.

I've also given up on Tank officially. He's a total home run hitter mentality and has five blasts in 220 at bats or so. Pathetic, really.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 08:55 PM)

He's not an awful defender.