6/11 Games

GGajewski18

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ Jun 11, 2014 -> 06:33 PM)
Anyone know anything about Kevin Escorcia from the DSL? It looks like he's 18/19 years old. I believe he was signed for a $50,000 bonus by Marco Paddy in 2012. Seems to have gotten off to a good start in the DSL. Any chance he makes it over to the states for rookie ball?

Pay almost zero attention to DSL stats at this point in the season. Maybe after they've played 30 games or so the numbers will start to mean something although the DSL is notorious for having guys put up meaningless stats (both good and bad) compared to their actual ability and or potential.

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Jun 12, 2014 -> 06:38 AM)
Pay almost zero attention to DSL stats at this point in the season. Maybe after they've played 30 games or so the numbers will start to mean something although the DSL is notorious for having guys put up meaningless stats (both good and bad) compared to their actual ability and or potential.

He was good last year too though

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ Jun 11, 2014 -> 08:33 PM)
Anyone know anything about Kevin Escorcia from the DSL? It looks like he's 18/19 years old. I believe he was signed for a $50,000 bonus by Marco Paddy in 2012. Seems to have gotten off to a good start in the DSL. Any chance he makes it over to the states for rookie ball?

As far as I can tell, there are about half a dozen players from last years DSL team that aren't on the roster right now, so I am not sure if there would be room for him to move up with those guys, plus all of the new draft picks coming in.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 11, 2014 -> 10:48 PM)
But can he catch or play LF?

He rules the world from 1B. Dunn and Konerko aren't going to be around next year.

Edited by southside hitman

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 12, 2014 -> 10:40 AM)
Konerko definitely won't anyways. We'll see what happens with Dunn.

I think it's funny that a few months ago people were screaming for us to cut Dunn, guys have countdowns on their profile until his contract ends, etc and now we want to extend him. I love that he's having a nice season, but he will be 35 next year, doesn't exactly fit into our future/core plans.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jun 12, 2014 -> 10:57 AM)
I think it's funny that a few months ago people were screaming for us to cut Dunn, guys have countdowns on their profile until his contract ends, etc and now we want to extend him. I love that he's having a nice season, but he will be 35 next year, doesn't exactly fit into our future/core plans.

I agree overall, and I don't think there's a great chance that he's back, but completely ruling it out at this point seems premature.

I never wanted to do either thing.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 12, 2014 -> 11:14 AM)
I agree overall, and I don't think there's a great chance that he's back, but completely ruling it out at this point seems premature.

Agreed and Ravelo just turned 22 and still hasn't hit for the type of power you would want out of a full time 1B/DH type. So even if Dunn is back on a 1-2 year deal, it's no big deal. Ravelo isn't the type of prospect where you HAVE to make room for him on the major league roster.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jun 12, 2014 -> 06:40 PM)
Agreed and Ravelo just turned 22 and still hasn't hit for the type of power you would want out of a full time 1B/DH type. So even if Dunn is back on a 1-2 year deal, it's no big deal. Ravelo isn't the type of prospect where you HAVE to make room for him on the major league roster.

Agreed on Ravelo. I was hopeuful for a nice power outbreak this year and it looked like it may be coming in April, but he's back to normal again now.

Ravelo's ISO per month:

April- .242

May- .105

June- ..075

Overall- .143

I do like Ravelo and hold some hope for future power, but he's borderline top 10 right now at best for me.

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Jun 12, 2014 -> 02:02 PM)
Agreed on Ravelo. I was hopeuful for a nice power outbreak this year and it looked like it may be coming in April, but he's back to normal again now.

Ravelo's ISO per month:

April- .242

May- .105

June- ..075

Overall- .143

I do like Ravelo and hold some hope for future power, but he's borderline top 10 right now at best for me.

In a weak system, I think he's solidly in the top 8 for me, even without the power numbers. He's young for AA, and he's hitting .295/.398/.427 there. His ceiling would be a poor man's Eric Hosmer, which is just fine with me.