Corey Dickerson

ParkerBear7

I would like to see Rick Hahn trade for Corey Dickerson and have him play everyday LF for the Whitesox. Corey is getting time with the

injuries to starters Cargo and Cuddyer but when they are both healthy it will be back to the bench for Dickerson.

What do you guys think it would take to pry Dickerson away from the Rockies?

Edited by ParkerBear7

I would like to see Rick Hahn trade for Corey Dickerson and have him paly everyday LF for the Whitesox.

Corey is getting time with the injuries to

starters Cargo and Cuddyer but when they are both healthy ot will be back to the bench for Dickerson.

What do you guys think it would take to pry Dickerson away from the Rockies?

A lot. They believe he will be a superstar someday. He'll end up replacing Blackmon once everyone gets healthy again.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jun 12, 2014 -> 05:40 AM)
I was touting Dickerson last year; the kid can hit. The guy who might be on the trading block is Cargo. Cuddyer FA after this season.

seems like CarGO is turing into Carlos Quentin, he ends up on the DL every year.

QUOTE (glangon @ Jun 17, 2014 -> 02:05 AM)
I'm with you on this one.

We have depth in the infield, the Dodgers have depth on the outfield. This is a trade waiting to happen.

I think this all depends on how serious they are about keeping Uribe and Hanley Ramirez around.

Remember, they've already sunk $28 million into 2B Alexander Guerrero (Olivo biting victim). And, if you're the Dodgers and you have a $200 million payroll, are you really going to roll the dice on Conor Gillaspie, Marcus Semien, Carlos Sanchez or Micah Johnson to hold down a starting infield position? I sincerely doubt it. That kind of move isn't going to help you make up ground on the Giants. At best, it's lateral.

They're going to try to trade you Crawford/Ethier/Kemp and a large subsidy before they give up Pederson.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 17, 2014 -> 04:16 AM)
I think this all depends on how serious they are about keeping Uribe and Hanley Ramirez around.

Remember, they've already sunk $28 million into 2B Alexander Guerrero (Olivo biting victim). And, if you're the Dodgers and you have a $200 million payroll, are you really going to roll the dice on Conor Gillaspie, Marcus Semien, Carlos Sanchez or Micah Johnson to hold down a starting infield position? I sincerely doubt it. That kind of move isn't going to help you make up ground on the Giants. At best, it's lateral.

They're going to try to trade you Crawford/Ethier/Kemp and a large subsidy before they give up Pederson.

Maybe we eat one of those salaries in order to also acquire Pederson.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 17, 2014 -> 01:16 AM)

No mention of our shortstop, Alexei Ramirez?

QUOTE (striker @ Jun 17, 2014 -> 08:42 AM)
Maybe we eat one of those salaries in order to also acquire Pederson.

I forgot about another $25 million for SS Arruebarrena.

Well, there's no way Hahn's going to go out on a limb with Ethier or Crawford at their age/s, so it's Kemp...the problem is that the Dodgers still don't seem to have financial pressure to sell him off to the highest bidder, at least for the moment.

Until having those four guys together really becomes a chemistry/clubhouse issue where one is decidedly unhappy and causing problems (like a Manny deal), then they won't make that type of move IMO.

And we don't have any prospects that would of interest to be the centerpiece of that kind of trade. They'd have to get something significant back from us...starting with Alexei Ramirez, who they won't really need until next season. Would they trade for Alexei and push him over to 2B for half a season? Move Hanley back to 3B and bench Uribe? Difficult decisions. Plus all the money invested in two Cubans at 2B/SS waiting in the minors.

Dickerson would be a huge get IMO. He'd probably require a pretty solid package, perhaps just as much as Joc....Maybe a bit more realistic, if the Sox see themselves competing soon, could be Gerardo Parra or Seth Smith. Smith is getting up there in age but if the plan is to compete next year I think he's the type of guy who would look real nice in the lineup.

A Pederson trade will have to be for pitching. Haren and Beckett will be FA's at the end of the season and their closest prospect is questionable at this point if he can make the transition. They have an abundance of depth offensively but will have some holes in the rotation. I dont see a deal happening without it involving Quintana unless Danks turns into Cy Young for the next six weeks.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 17, 2014 -> 10:27 AM)
Dickerson would be a huge get IMO. He'd probably require a pretty solid package, perhaps just as much as Joc....Maybe a bit more realistic, if the Sox see themselves competing soon, could be Gerardo Parra or Seth Smith. Smith is getting up there in age but if the plan is to compete next year I think he's the type of guy who would look real nice in the lineup.

No thanks on Smith, he is a guy having a career season and is bound to come back down so you dont want to buy at peak value.