NCAA Football

The Bones

1. Ohio St

2. Saginaw Valley St

3. Notre Dame

4. Wisconsin

5. MSU

Oh, I get it...its like one of those.."One of these things does not belong" questions....ok...I'll pick #2

LOL, I went to GVSU, a division 2 school and they are the lakers biggest rivals so I had to include them. I kinda figured someone would say something about Saginaw :lol:

LOL, I went to GVSU, a division 2 school and they are the lakers biggest rivals so I had to include them.  I kinda figured someone would say something about Saginaw :lol:

I have attended GVSU's GR campus - and if you were lurking last December you may remember my GVSU celebration -

saw the Lions cuts Anes but hope he will clear waivers so he can play NFL Europe and try again next year. What a qb that kid is.

I assumed the Saginaw St referance was because of Muddy Waters, given the inclusion of MSU on your list. I can't consider Saginaw St a rival to GVSU - there are no rivals to GVSU - they dominate so much.

Go Lakers!

LOL, I went to GVSU, a division 2 school and they are the lakers biggest rivals so I had to include them.  I kinda figured someone would say something about Saginaw :lol:

I have attended GVSU's GR campus - and if you were lurking last December you may remember my GCSU celebration -

saw the Lions cuts Anes but hope he will clear waivers so he can play NFL Europe and try again next year. What a qb that kid is.

I assumed the Saginaw St referance was because of Muddy Waters, given the inclusion of MSU on your list. I can't consider Saginaw St a rival to GVSU - there are no rivals to GVSU - they dominate so much.

Go Lakers!

My 2nd best friend is a graduate of GVSU. :headbang

I suppose that you do cheer for other teams to beat Michigan because the teams you cheer for sure as hell don't.

Michigan's record against:

Illinois 62 21 2 .741

Notre Dame 17 11 1 .603

:headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

How many national championships do we have, i forgot

"we" have none.

Michigan has a ton.

UM NCAA championships

I refer to teams i root for as we instead of saying "the chicago white sox baseball club" or the "university of illinois fighting illini" cuz it's easier and implies that you support the team and are not just talking about them, pretty obvious and i'm not the only one

Notre Dame has more than Michigan, if you don't like we

Um, well..."WE" have none at USC, but it doesn't make me any less of a fan. I support my boys no matter what. Like cw told me one time, "When USC wins a championship, I won't get a bonus or anything." Does that mean that I don't want to win one? Hell no.

Um, well..."WE" have none at USC, but it doesn't make me any less of a fan. I support my boys no matter what. Like cw told me one time, "When USC wins a championship, I won't get a bonus or anything." Does that mean that I don't want to win one? Hell no.

Lets see. Recently i got A HUGE cash bonus. When i compare that to the bulls 6 rings, the bears 1 ring, and a potential ring from the sox? I enjoyed my teams winning more than receiving the bonus. Call me weird.

Notre Dame has more than Michigan

I doubt that, seriously, as to more NCAA championships.

I doubt you checked the link I posted.

Not in all sports.

Football? We have more wins and I am checking the stats on winning percentage now.

And head to head, we have, as posted won over 60% of our games against you.

And you can't come close to our consecutive bowl appearances, including factoring in the years that we both couldn't go because of Big 10 and ND policy into the 70s.

Notice in this thread of teams we "hate" or "root against" I haven't posted any team.

In my perfect season, UM would be be 13-0, OSU would be 12-1, ND would be 12-1, ok, MSU would have to be 11-2 and the Illini 10-3 or something like that. I like all of our opponents to win against other teams so when we win, it is better, and a more significant game.

I certainly pull for ND to beat USC and wanted them to beat Nebraska badly.

Besides, if Notre Dame had like a ten year Holy Roller from Moeller era again, the Michigan-Notre Dame game would lose all its luster.

Speaking of Faust, I do despise Jerry Johnson for what he did in running up the score in Faust's last game. As classless an action as could happen.

Since I don't really follow the college sports scene, I haven't grown to totally loathe any college teams; however, if I were to chose which teams to hate the most it would be...

#1. Illini--Since I was a little girl, I had wanted to go to the U of I with the deepest passion. Four years ago, when I was applying for colleges, I made sure the university was the first I applied to. A few weeks after I had visited the campus, I got a letter in the mail informing me that I didn't get in to the U of I. I guess my 3.667 cumulative GPA in high school wasn't good enough for them! Hell, a couple days later, I received word from Marquette (a PRIVATE school) that I was accepted to their institution. Days later, I found out that this African American male in my high school class who had a significantly lower GPA, as well as a lower ACT score, had been accepted into the U of I. All the U of I is really interested in is meeting a certain racial quota for whom they admit into their university...b****ass motherf***ing cock-suckers! Any school that doesn't accept me though I truly meritted acceptance does not deserve an ounce of my support!

#2. Bradley--I go to ISU, and they are our biggest rival. "The War on 74" is HUGE in Central Illinois!

Since I don't really follow the college sports scene, I haven't grown to totally loathe any college teams; however, if I were to chose which teams to hate the most it would be...

#1.  Illini--Since I was a little girl, I had wanted to go to the U of I with the deepest passion.  Four years ago, when I was applying for colleges, I made sure the university was the first I applied to.  A few weeks after I had visited the campus, I got a letter in the mail informing me that I didn't get in to the U of I.  I guess my 3.667 cumulative GPA in high school wasn't good enough for them!  Hell, a couple days later, I received word from Marquette (a PRIVATE school) that I was accepted to their institution.  Days later, I found out that this African American male in my high school class who had a significantly lower GPA, as well as a lower ACT score, had been accepted into the U of I.  All the U of I is really interested in is meeting a certain racial quota for whom they admit into their university...b****ass motherf***ing cock-suckers!  Any school that doesn't accept me though I truly meritted acceptance does not deserve an ounce of my support!

#2.  Bradley--I go to ISU, and they are our biggest rival.  "The War on 74" is HUGE in Central Illinois!

well....i'll be applying there in a month or too and with a 4.9 (outta 5) GPA and a 28 on the ACT, i better get in.....or else U of I will quickly turn from being one of my 'favorites' into one of my 'hated'.

Notre Dame has more than Michigan

I doubt that, seriously, as to more NCAA championships.

I doubt you checked the link I posted.

Not in all sports.

Football? We have more wins and I am checking the stats on winning percentage now.

And head to head, we have, as posted won over 60% of our games against you.

And you can't come close to our consecutive bowl appearances, including factoring in the years that we both couldn't go because of Big 10 and ND policy into the 70s.

Notice in this thread of teams we "hate" or "root against" I haven't posted any team.

In my perfect season, UM would be be 13-0, OSU would be 12-1, ND would be 12-1, ok, MSU would have to be 11-2 and the Illini 10-3 or something like that. I like all of our opponents to win against other teams so when we win, it is better, and a more significant game.

I certainly pull for ND to beat USC and wanted them to beat Nebraska badly.

Besides, if Notre Dame had like a ten year Holy Roller from Moeller era again, the Michigan-Notre Dame game would lose all its luster.

Speaking of Moeller's Faust, I do despise Jerry Johnson for what he did in running up the score in Faust's last game. As classless an action as could happen.

I didn't know this was a thread on all ncaa championships, i was talking football

this is essentially for KochThis:

The number of football national championships - interesting question since there has never been only one to determine the national champion.

So knowing what UM claims I went to see what ND claims and they have a most interesting ( and well written) discussion on that subject

ND nat'l champ discussion

since UM does not have a parallel discussion, I cannot academically compare the two sets of claims, the second claim being Michigan's.

UM all NCAA champs

Interesting that both schools claim 11 National Championships - that would be, ah, a tie in national titles which matches the usual closeness of the other team stats between the schools.

The NCAA sites shows it (if I count correctly) as 9 for UM, 13 for ND, with Michigan's being the most recent. NCAA nat'l football champs

What I cannot say yet without greater research is how the ND extra 8 "could be national titles" statements compare to some years in which UM says it won a national title, and the legitimacy of the UM claims versus the nature of those claims that ND says "could be." It would depend in large part of the validity and contemporary recognition of who was doing the naming and that may take hours of research. Also needed to be researched is if some of the "could have been" sources that ND puts the asterisk on were already not counted by UM, as the official ND site does a better job of discussinmg the sources than the UM site does.

So until you or I can do some thorough research on this, it is not real valid at this moment to claim one school has more than the other. It is a tie based on the schools' claims and I suppose one of those will always depend on who does the counting.