Trade Winds Forum?

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Jun 18, 2014 -> 05:24 PM)
Danks is pitching a lot better. Hope he keeps it up and we can get something halfway decent for him.

Unless someone is looking to give us a near term long haul, what value do we get in moving Danks? Seems to me that he is producing at or above his current contract rate and we shouldn't be in a rush and he'll be an asset over the next few years as we become more competitive.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 18, 2014 -> 07:30 PM)
Unless someone is looking to give us a near term long haul, what value do we get in moving Danks? Seems to me that he is producing at or above his current contract rate and we shouldn't be in a rush and he'll be an asset over the next few years as we become more competitive.

I think he has more value to us than anyone else at the moment so I don't think moving him is the best of ideas.

Here's the bit on ARam

According to Bob Dutton of the Tacoma Times Tribune, the Mariners are interested in trying to pick up Chicago White Sox shortstop Alexei Ramirez. "Still, this rumor makes some sense: Ramirez, 32, is a right-handed bat - something the Mariners covet - and is enjoying a renaissance season with seven homers, 36 RBI and a .309 average in 69 games," Dutton pens. He also pointed out that the Mariners would have to add payroll to accommodate the $9.5 million due Ramirez this year and the $10 million due next season. That should not be a huge issue for Seattle, as they can work around it.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 18, 2014 -> 07:31 PM)
I think he has more value to us than anyone else at the moment so I don't think moving him is the best of ideas.

Not if it's for a catcher. I really like Murphy and he would instantly start over Flowers.

Sign Shields in the off season. Problem solved. Sale, Shields, Quintana is a good 1-3

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 18, 2014 -> 06:30 PM)

I agree and I'm not really saying move him to move him. More or less thinking out loud.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Jun 18, 2014 -> 07:34 PM)
Here's the bit on ARam

According to Bob Dutton of the Tacoma Times Tribune, the Mariners are interested in trying to pick up Chicago White Sox shortstop Alexei Ramirez. "Still, this rumor makes some sense: Ramirez, 32, is a right-handed bat - something the Mariners covet - and is enjoying a renaissance season with seven homers, 36 RBI and a .309 average in 69 games," Dutton pens. He also pointed out that the Mariners would have to add payroll to accommodate the $9.5 million due Ramirez this year and the $10 million due next season. That should not be a huge issue for Seattle, as they can work around it.

For Alexei, they better be prepared to give up a lot for Alexei. They would definitely overpay I feel like to win now.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 18, 2014 -> 06:48 PM)
I agree, I would ask for the minimum of Walker, Guerrero, and Wilson. Heavy price for the best SS in the AL with a great contract.

Well between Alexei, Beckham, and Danks. Maybe we can get some good prospects

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 18, 2014 -> 07:48 PM)
I agree, I would ask for the minimum of Walker, Guerrero, and Wilson. Heavy price for the best SS in the AL with a great contract.

Jesus. If Rick Hahn pulls that off we might as well just build his statue.

As long as the Sox have two gaping holes in the rotation there's no way you trade Danks. Stick with trading Beckham, an outfielder or Alexei if the offer is too good to pass but keep Danks. We can't fill the two holes that are open right now, how the hell does creating another void help this team? What? Trade Danks and sign a more expensive Shields and still have two holes to fill? Come on.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 18, 2014 -> 06:48 PM)

Yes indeed. Wilson is hitting .300 with 10 HR and 49 RBI .380 OBP .903 OPS

Danks ranks 83rd of 96 qualified pitchers in FIP, 95th of 96 in xFIP and 89th of 96 in SIERA. He has greatly reduced stuff and has a relatively large contract. You absolutely listen to any offer you get.

As for the wishlists above, come on, ask yourselves: if you were a GM of the Mariners, would you give up anything close to Walker, Guerrero, and Wilson for Alexei?

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 19, 2014 -> 02:18 AM)
Highly doubt they could get Walker for Lexi, but we can dream right....I know we already have a ton of lefties but I think Paxton is a lot more realistic. Maybe something like Paxton and Merlette as the key pieces.

I imagine Nick Franklin would be considered in any deal as well. I think Paxton is a good call by you. I can't imagine Walker or Zunino being available.

While Beck, Johnson, and Johnson isn't a giant haul, there is no way that David Price would sign long-term. The Sox aren't ready to win. It would be a stupid trade. Also, I'd definitely trade Ramirez. I'd need a nice haul but there is no way that Seattle would give the Sox Tijuan Walker. Not gonna happen.