Sox Sign & Then Release Henry Rodriguez

winninguglyin83

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Jun 14, 2014 -> 02:43 PM)
Another assignment for Coop:

Henry Rodriguez on his way to a minor-league affiliate. Walked five in 1 2/3 for the Marlins on Thursday. signed by the Sox on Friday.

He's walked 20 in his last 22 innings of MLB pitching.

Best of luck, Coop and Richard Dotson.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/...eague-contract/

Whatever the Sox do, don't bring him up until you solve the control thing. One or two games of walking 3 guys in a row and he'll be released. Get the problem solved then give him a look.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jun 14, 2014 -> 05:03 PM)
I got flamed here for suggesting we pick him up the last time he was waived for free. I guess now we'll see if there was ever any hope.

This guy gets waived about as much as Flowers strikes out. Which time did you suggest he get picked up?

In 27 combined innings in the minors and majors this year he has walked 43 and had 14 WP. I have a feeling the White Sox will be releasing him at some point.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 14, 2014 -> 04:09 PM)
This guy gets waived about as much as Flowers strikes out. Which time did you suggest he get picked up?

In 27 combined innings in the minors and majors this year he has walked 43 and had 14 WP. I have a feeling the White Sox will be releasing him at some point.

It was last year about this time, I think.

I just thought that he fit the profile of what Coop was good at fixing -- huge arm, doesn't know where it's going.

Not likely to work out, but I wanted them to give it a try.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jun 15, 2014 -> 08:29 AM)
It was last year about this time, I think.

I just thought that he fit the profile of what Coop was good at fixing -- huge arm, doesn't know where it's going.

Not likely to work out, but I wanted them to give it a try.

Yeah if it's Charlotte who cares, let him walk the world over there. He throws the ball a zillion miles an hour, just too often its in one of the batters boxes, or at a peanut vendor somewhere, etc. That Charlotte pen though might be one of the most talented and yet least effective bullpens in all of MiLB.

BTW anyone know if the Sox emply any sports psychologists? Like roving guys that would work as coordinators do I guess? If so there are a ton of guys to help, if not, they need to hire someone. They can foot the bill. There's about 10-15 players I could probably list right now that need a ton of help, starting with Rodriguez, Cleto, Boggs, Paulino, Erik Johnson, the OF prospect s***fest, Davidson, etc.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 19, 2014 -> 11:47 AM)
Bard's line also occurred in the Sally league. A ball for those scoring at home. I think he's reached the point where he needs to find another line of work.

LOL, that's terrible. Maybe he just needs to throw a few towels.