Sox Sign & Then Release Henry Rodriguez

winninguglyin83

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Tex @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 04:31 PM)
I'm sitting here laughing. How bad does it have to get for this to be funny? :lolhitting My attitude is f*** it how much worse can anyone make it?

But, the calls keep coming to sign every player released by another team and how "Coop can fix em." I don't think Cooper has much to do with instructing pitchers in the minor leagues but I think you have to have something to work with if you are going to fix it

I copied this from MLB Trade Rumors:

•The White Sox have released right-hander Henry Rodriguez, the team announced. Rodriguez just recently signed a minor league deal with the Sox but posted a 21.60 ERA, three strikeouts and a whopping eight walks over 1 2/3 innings with Triple-A Charlotte. That lack of control has been the story of Rodriguez’s career, as the righty has recorded a 6.4 BB/9 over 150 1/3 Major League innings with the Marlins, Cubs, Nationals and A’s over six seasons in the Show, though his high-90′s fastball has helped him record 151 strikeouts. This is the second time Rodriguez has been released this season, as the Marlins already cut ties with him in June.

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 12:34 PM)
But, the calls keep coming to sign every player released by another team and how "Coop can fix em." I don't think Cooper has much to do with instructing pitchers in the minor leagues but I think you have to have something to work with if you are going to fix it

I copied this from MLB Trade Rumors:

•The White Sox have released right-hander Henry Rodriguez, the team announced. Rodriguez just recently signed a minor league deal with the Sox but posted a 21.60 ERA, three strikeouts and a whopping eight walks over 1 2/3 innings with Triple-A Charlotte. That lack of control has been the story of Rodriguez’s career, as the righty has recorded a 6.4 BB/9 over 150 1/3 Major League innings with the Marlins, Cubs, Nationals and A’s over six seasons in the Show, though his high-90′s fastball has helped him record 151 strikeouts. This is the second time Rodriguez has been released this season, as the Marlins already cut ties with him in June.

This remains exactly what a rebuilding team like the White Sox should be doing. If they try out 25 pitchers at their AAA/big league levels and wind up with 1 or 2 successes who actually contribute next year and prevent them from having to spend FA money on additional middle relief, it will be a huge success.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 11:34 AM)

I get what you are saying. What else are they going to do? Just keep buying every $500 jalopy on Craigslist until something works. Hell, maybe they could attach an arm on another guy's brain.

All I can do is laugh, getting upset won't change a thing.