Sox vs. Royals, Game 2, 1:10 PM CT

Jake

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 14, 2014 -> 04:06 PM)
I'm not willing to concede any games against the Giants yet, because that's a brand new series.

Sox barely score on KC pitching.........SF forget about it.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 14, 2014 -> 04:09 PM)
They don't seem interested in that. I could see more Cuba signings however.

The Royals have been horses*** all year prior to this 10-4 stretch. We stand no chance against THIS Royals team. Forget tomorrow. Shields 3 hitter.

Shields was the game of this series I thought would be the loss.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 14, 2014 -> 10:17 PM)
I think for the first time today, I'm looking forward to the trade deadline and what they can hopefully get done.

Agreed, you look on the field and see a lot of mediocre players. Good thing is the best players on the team are those that will be part of the future.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 14, 2014 -> 04:19 PM)
Agreed, you look on the field and see a lot of mediocre players. Good thing is the best players on the team are those that will be part of the future.

I really hope they can trade Viciedo, just don't see what he does for this team

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 14, 2014 -> 04:19 PM)
Now there's a surprise

I don't get it. Am I supposed to keep waiting for 10-game winning streak? Ain't happening, and I've been pretty optimistic all season.

Now it's time to get Rodon signed, get some international players in the fold, and make some trades to get better for the future.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 14, 2014 -> 04:22 PM)
I don't get it. Am I supposed to keep waiting for 10-game winning streak? Ain't happening, and I've been pretty optimistic all season.

Now it's time to get Rodon signed, get some international players in the fold, and make some trades to get better for the future.

No one said anything about a 10 game winning streak. But its not surprising to see you get excited about losing. Good news is you arent the only one.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 14, 2014 -> 04:24 PM)
No one said anything about a 10 game winning streak. But its not surprising to see you get excited about losing. Good news is you arent the only one.

If they go 18-9 from here to the break, I'm all for it. It just doesn't appear that will happen, so the next best thing is to look forward to the future. I don't want another 99-loss season and top-3 pick. One year of that is enough.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Jun 14, 2014 -> 10:20 PM)
I really hope they can trade Viciedo, just don't see what he does for this team

He's got to go. It's just not meant to be. He's a power hitter with a handful of home runs and a lousy defender.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 14, 2014 -> 10:23 PM)
What are we 4.5 games out of first? Still some hope

Plenty of hope and time left. We haven't seen a real good winning streak yet either and it will hopefully be coming. You can make up a lot of ground quickly

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 14, 2014 -> 04:39 PM)
Plenty of hope and time left. We haven't seen a real good winning streak yet either and it will hopefully be coming. You can make up a lot of ground quickly

We need the weather gods to make it rain on Saturdays, and not the way DRose made it rain with his stripper girlfriend.

Edited by Dick Allen

I know a lot of you hate my lock bets but if you guys get the game in on Sunday (big time storms here that usually move your way) it's a lock for the KC sweep. The pitching matchup is way in favor of the Royals. Their bats have awakened and unless Dunn and Abreu go deep a couple times we're getting swept IMO. Shields vs. Rienzo is not good.

I'll say 7-1 or 7-2. Royals. Bet the under. Bet the Royals. Accept your cash 2.5 hours after first pitch.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 14, 2014 -> 09:51 PM)
I know a lot of you hate my lock bets but if you guys get the game in on Sunday (big time storms here that usually move your way) it's a lock for the KC sweep. The pitching matchup is way in favor of the Royals. Their bats have awakened and unless Dunn and Abreu go deep a couple times we're getting swept IMO. Shields vs. Rienzo is not good.

I'll say 7-1 or 7-2. Royals. Bet the under. Bet the Royals. Accept your cash 2.5 hours after first pitch.

The over/under is 8. You are predicting 8 or 9 runs, yet you say to bet the under. Way to hedge your bets.

After winning the first two games against the Tigers, then having Sale/Scherzer on Thurs, this week has sucked. Last place now.

If there's any such thing as momentum (6 in a row now for KC) or pitching match-ups being against you, the Royals will win and make Greg correct, which of course never happens in baseball or even worse, house betting.

Edited by caulfield12