Official NHL 2014-15 Thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 11:53 AM)
Bolland just got 5 x 5.5 in Florida.

Dear lord, that is a terrible deal. He isn't even worth that kind of money if he stayed healthy every year. But considering his major health issues, that is one of the worst contracts I have ever seen.

Kane/Toews must love huge money being thrown out to mediocre players.

It sucks we didn't get a top notch C to secure the second line, but with the cap troubles it was hard to see a scenario where they grabbed a Stasny or Kesler without giving up a major contributor.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 01:22 PM)
As long as we aren't being influenced by the overspending wave.

While it's no fun when your team doesn't make any big moves, re-signing 19 & 88 long-term is much better than any big money deals that happen on July 1.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 01:22 PM)
As long as we aren't being influenced by the overspending wave.

They don't have any room to do so. They have no choice. Either he fits, or he doesn't. The one thing they do a great job of here is managing the cap.

I'm a big Ranger fan so I'll give you guys a little scouting report on him based on what I've seen the past three seasons: The guy is a pro, a really great leader and was pretty much the captain of the team after we traded callahan to tampa even tho richie didn't wear the C. Highly respected in the room. On the ice, he is really slowing down and that was evident in the playoffs, especially the last two rounds. He can play the point on the powerplay and is still pretty creative. Your probably gonna get 50 points out of him, maybe even 60+ with the players he'll be playing with. I caution Q to not use him more than 15 min a night. The last couple games of the finals he was playing on the 4th line because he simply could not keep up with the pace. It'll be interesting to see how he does in the faster, more physical west. But for 2 million, you're definitely getting an asset and a quality human being. Best of luck, Brad.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 03:48 PM)
Wow what a great deal.

Definitely the best bang for your buck deal. His speed isn't what it once was, but compared to Zues, it's still no contest. Helps ease TT into the lineup as well. He better be playing with Hossa. Hands and vision still top notch.

The Chicago Blackhawks have signed Brad Richards to a one-year, $2 million contract.

That's incredibly cheap for Richards, but Chicago was already against the ceiling, so they're still going to have to make a move to accommodate this signing. All the same, this is a great addition for the Blackhawks as Richards firmly addresses their need for a second-line center. With him joining Chicago's offensive core of Patrick Kane, Jonathan Toews, Patrick Sharp, and Marian Hossa, the Blackhawks are in a great position going into the 2014-15 campaign.

Per Rotoworld

I like it, Hawks now have a 2nd line center.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 04:34 PM)
Definitely the best bang for your buck deal. His speed isn't what it once was, but compared to Zues, it's still no contest. Helps ease TT into the lineup as well. He better be playing with Hossa. Hands and vision still top notch.

I would imagine that Richards will Center the Kane/Saad line. Toews, Sharp, and Hossa on 1st line if the team stays intact.