2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 07:47 PM)
Why is everyone assuming that Rose will actually be healthy this year? He has no knees left. He will likely never be the same player again.

He will be the exact same he was before this last injury which was still plenty explosive. The biggest thing will Thibs can't go crazy with his minutes.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 07:47 PM)
Why is everyone assuming that Rose will actually be healthy this year? He has no knees left. He will likely never be the same player again.

The meniscus injury shouldn't really effect him too much.

Few blurbs going around that Orlando is offering the #4, #12 + Affalo for the #1 pick.

Wonder if Cleveland would prefer that over a #5 + Favors + Burke offer.

Embiid going down with an injury has really hurt Orlando in terms of not getting a top guy slipping to em at 4, I'd say it's likely Exum is snagged by Philly at #3 now, and Orlando probably don't think Smart or Vonleh is really worth it at #4, and with Elfrid Payton likely to be a top 10 pick now, they might not have anyone they like at #12 either.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 08:18 AM)
Yeah, but now it is basically 2.5 years without consistent game action.

It'll take him a while to get back into it but I think/hope once he gets back into game shape that he'll be good to go... until he gets injured again.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 08:20 AM)
It'll take him a while to get back into it but I think/hope once he gets back into game shape that he'll be good to go... until he gets injured again.

Hopefully he doesn't become today's version of Grant Hill.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 09:12 AM)
Hopefully he doesn't become today's version of Grant Hill.

Grant Hill is such an extreme example though. That guy ruined his career for the Pistons in a playoff run. He had no business playing on his ankle and continued to do so

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 08:20 AM)

If Rose plays for Team USA it shouldn't take him very long to get acclimated in Chicago.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 10:12 AM)
If Rose plays for Team USA it shouldn't take him very long to get acclimated in Chicago.

I agree. The rust should be gone, but I do think it's fair for people to always think he will come up lame at some point.

I love how yesterday it was all happy stories, today is "let's get serious, the bulls will get no one."

(see also: http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/jon-greenb...reams-in-check)

Here's what I want to happen:

Amnesty Boozer.

Bring Mirotic over.

Move up to the late lottery and get Stauskas or McDermott.

Continue to push for Love/Melo. If it happens, great, if not, oh well. Bulls are the Bulls. In basketball hell.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 09:22 AM)
I love how yesterday it was all happy stories, today is "let's get serious, the bulls will get no one."

Here's what I want to happen:

Amnesty Boozer.

Bring Mirotic over.

Move up to the late lottery and get Stauskas or McDermott.

Continue to push for Love/Melo. If it happens, great, if not, oh well. Bulls are the Bulls. In basketball hell.

If you add a Stauskas / McD, add Mirotic and then get an Afflalo that isn't a bad off-season at all and that is a much improved Bulls team.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 11:23 AM)
If you add a Stauskas / McD, add Mirotic and then get an Afflalo that isn't a bad off-season at all and that is a much improved Bulls team.

I don't really see how the Bulls are getting Afflalo if they use their picks this year?

I cant comprehend why in the world you would want to move up for McDermott or Stauskas when they are going to be as good (if not better) options available at the Bulls 2 picks.

Id take 1 of Ennis/Napier then your choice of Lavine/Anderson/Payne/Hood.

Dont really like trading up unless its for a top 5. where your worst case scenario is Randall/Embiid/Exum

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 11:43 AM)
I cant comprehend why in the world you would want to move up for McDermott or Stauskas when they are going to be as good (if not better) options available at the Bulls 2 picks.

Dont really like trading up unless its for a top 5. where your worst case scenario is Randall/Embiid/Exum

You don't want McDermott or Stauskas but want two small guards? We're on opposite wave lengths.

I would be very upset if the a bulls drafted Ennis. Would definitely take Payne, Lavine, or Anderson at 19.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 11:45 AM)
You don't want McDermott or Stauskas but want two small guards? We're on opposite wave lengths.

I would be very upset if the a bulls drafted Ennis. Would definitely take Payne, Lavine, or Anderson at 19.

Ennis is great security against an issue with Rose. He has a low turnover rate and is a good distributor.

And i dont want 2 small guards, I want 1 pure PG.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 11:43 AM)

I want scoring. Those are your best shooters in the draft. That's exactly what the Bulls need.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 12:03 PM)
I want scoring. Those are your best shooters in the draft. That's exactly what the Bulls need.

This. We need guys who can score. Even better would be guys who can create their own scoring.