2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 29, 2014 -> 07:24 PM)
The beautiful circle of Bulls rumors...hey we're the favorite, nope we're a decoy but WAIT we're still the favorite, oh s*** he signed/got traded somewhere else.

Ha, exactly.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 29, 2014 -> 03:28 PM)
I'd guess Mirotic is a chip in a sign and trade for Melo...hopefully

I don't see that as making much sense for either the Bulls or New York. Mirotic ought to be a guy you want to contribute right away and he's only going to sign for probably 3 years...if New York is doing something like circling Love or Durant on their FA calendar, they'd be eating Mirotic's useful, cheap years when they wouldn't be very good and they'd be hurting their cap room next offseason and the year after.

They should be wanting draft picks.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 29, 2014 -> 02:49 PM)
I don't see that as making much sense for either the Bulls or New York. Mirotic ought to be a guy you want to contribute right away and he's only going to sign for probably 3 years...if New York is doing something like circling Love or Durant on their FA calendar, they'd be eating Mirotic's useful, cheap years when they wouldn't be very good and they'd be hurting their cap room next offseason and the year after.

They should be wanting draft picks.

Mirotic >> Draft picks in the 20s.

NBA offseason rumors - constant stream of contradictory information from sources that often seem equally reliable. Despite the relative impossibility of knowing anything until right before it happens, I must follow everything religiously.

I received a sports center app push notification that melo was going to meet with bulls Tuesday, but obviously their app is terrible and didn't show that in my home notifications or anywhere on internet.

So, is this a true report and why is that app so terrible?

Edit: Stein confirmed on Twitter. Bulls Tuesday, Mavis / houston on Wed.

Edited by bmags

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 29, 2014 -> 02:59 PM)
Does anyone know any Bucks fans? What is their local reaction, I think I'd be terrified.

My buddy is a Bucks fan but he had to move to Colorado a few years ago. That's all I know.

And there is no way Melo signs on Tuesday with us. He's going to all of his options and everyone is weary of the Heat in his ear. He won't even need to visit them probably.

Edited by Brian

I think Heat want Lowry to ease up James ballhandling necessities. Melo seems pretty redundant to me.

Do you guys remember when Rose was the most likeable player in NBA after his MVP award?

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 08:28 AM)
I think Heat want Lowry to ease up James ballhandling necessities. Melo seems pretty redundant to me.

Do you guys remember when Rose was the most likeable player in NBA after his MVP award?

That was like 29 years ago.

I do. I also remember when people hated the whole recruiting thing...If that's not him it's not him, players aren't obligated to recruit players...Melo knows he'd like to play with him, and Noah has been in his ear.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 09:34 AM)
I do. I also remember when people hated the whole recruiting thing...If that's not him it's not him, players aren't obligated to recruit players...Melo knows he'd like to play with him, and Noah has been in his ear.

I don't have a problem with Rose not recruiting other players as long as his camp shuts the f*** up about his teammates if he isn't willing to recruit other top players.

I've always loved what Rose did on the floor, and hated what he did off of it.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 09:35 AM)
I don't have a problem with Rose not recruiting other players as long as his camp shuts the f*** up about his teammates if he isn't willing to recruit other top players.

Yeah, you can't have it both ways. You can sabotage your teammates, and not be willing to help out. If you are going go comment on the roster in this day and age, do something about it.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 09:35 AM)

Yeah, you can't have it both ways. You can sabotage your teammates, and not be willing to help out. If you are going go comment on the roster in this day and age, do something about it.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 28, 2014 -> 08:21 PM)
@blasondamadrid: R.Madrid (1). Mirotic jugó el jueves su último partido con la camiseta del Madrid. Operación NBA en marcha. La próxima semana viaja a EEUU.

non-fluent Spanish speaker translation: Mirotic has played his last game for Madrid, and he heads to the USA next week.

@blasondamadrid: Real Madrid (2). Como contó Fernando Ruiz (@fernan_ruiz), Mirotic tenía tomada la decisión hace semanas. El club recibirá 2,5 millones.

Mirotic had decided this weeks ago. Madrid gets 2.5 million.

There are more tweets, but the gist of it is that Mirotic is ready to go to the NBA right now, and he will come pretty much no matter what the Bulls are paying.

They had a falling out and the buy-out doesn't have to be paid immediately either, so Bulls could do some unique structuring here. Everyone presumably wondered if the full MLE would even be enough but he'd be a partial MLE, most likely.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 28, 2014 -> 08:45 PM)
image.png

If his and Dougie McBuckets games can translate into the NBA, this team, even before they add anything else, will be a really fun to watch.

People will need to temper expectations. He is still a rookie in this league and will still be very young and raw.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 09:39 AM)
People will need to temper expectations. He is still a rookie in this league and will still be very young and raw.

The Bulls need two thing from McDermott. Hit open shots, and not f*** them on defense.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 07:40 AM)
The Bulls need two thing from McDermott. Hit open shots, and not f*** them on defense.

I was referring to Nikoli but agree with Doug too. It seems that everyone has this really high expectations for Nik in his rookie year, probably too high and completely unrealistic.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 09:42 AM)
I was referring to Nikoli but agree with Doug too. It seems that everyone has this really high expectations for Nik in his rookie year, probably too high and completely unrealistic.

If the roster stays pretty close to intact (ie both Taj and Noah are back), he will be coming off of the bench and playing back ups minutes. That is a good situation to come into, with those guys in front of you. Get your 15-20 minutes at night at the 4/5 and learn the game against two of the hardest workers in basketball during practice.