2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Jul 2, 2014 -> 12:12 PM)
so who did it better?lol ;)

Brjbq3ICYAAdKA7.jpg

this looks like they scrambled to put it together overnight to not be completely over shot by the Bulls. Banners outside the UC > fathead

Hayward's max is only $14M in his first year. Total of 4yr/63 mil deal.

15.75 a year.

Year 1 - 14M

Year 2 - 15.05M

Year 3 - 16.18M

Year 4 - 17.39M

Total - 62.6M

High but not a what you think of when for when its a MAX DEAL.

Edited by bshah723

QUOTE (bshah723 @ Jul 2, 2014 -> 12:57 PM)

15.75 a year.

Year 1 - 14M

Year 2 - 15.05M

Year 3 - 16.18M

Year 4 - 17.39M

Total - 62.6M

Still, plenty more than I think he's worth.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 2, 2014 -> 12:32 PM)
I heard in the next 10-15 years Houston's population is supposed to pass Chicago's.

As it probably should. No state tax, shorts and tshirt weather 8 months out of the year. Harsh winter here is 35 degrees, its usually around 40-50 during the winter. The beach is 45 minutes away. You've got the Astros, Rockets, Texans, and Dynamo all easily accessible and cheap to attend. Its actually pretty damn nice down here.

I think Melo ends up with the Rockets or back to the Knicks for max money.

QUOTE (TRU @ Jul 2, 2014 -> 01:09 PM)
As it probably should. No state tax, shorts and tshirt weather 8 months out of the year. Harsh winter here is 35 degrees, its usually around 40-50 during the winter. The beach is 45 minutes away. You've got the Astros, Rockets, Texans, and Dynamo all easily accessible and cheap to attend. Its actually pretty damn nice down here.

I would have thought Melo was a decent bet for Houston, but not anymore. I guess his meeting with them lasted about an hour and a half. Plus, I wonder how signing guys like Asik and Lin and then dealing them (Asik) or have one foot out the door (Lin) would sit with Melo. He would have to be concerned they would have zero problem moving him in the next year or 2 if they thought they could get that flavor of the day.

QUOTE (TRU @ Jul 2, 2014 -> 01:09 PM)

Ah the hurricanes will blow you guys off the map eventually. And you hit on the winter, but the summers there are brutal

I think there's no f***ing way he goes to the Rockets. What an awful fit that would be. How many basketballs do they play with down there? Salary cap space isn't there, just like with Bulls. As soon as Parsons is signed to an offer sheet, HOU is f***ed. There's no big 5 there - it's incredibly dubious that they can even keep Parsons if they want Melo. HOU is even more in need of a S&T than Chicago.

Will he stick with the Knicks? That would make a lot of sense.

Chicago is a better basketball situation with star power, depth, and personnel that makes it make sense to bring in a ball dominator like Melo. He gets to stay in the East, which appears to be the easier conference to play in. Chicago is a city with real culture and personality without some of the headaches of NY (I don't think paparazzi are going to follow Melo to dinner every night in Chi-town).

Also, trading Jimmy Butler to open up 2 million in cap space ought to be a f***ing fireable offense. Sweet Jesus are there better ways to achieve that end.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 2, 2014 -> 10:11 AM)
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 10m

Free agent guard Ben Gordon has agreed to a two-year, $9 million deal with the Orlando Magic, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

Wow. Talk about overpay. I figured he'd sign for very little cash.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 2, 2014 -> 01:21 PM)
I would have thought Melo was a decent bet for Houston, but not anymore. I guess his meeting with them lasted about an hour and a half. Plus, I wonder how signing guys like Asik and Lin and then dealing them (Asik) or have one foot out the door (Lin) would sit with Melo. He would have to be concerned they would have zero problem moving him in the next year or 2 if they thought they could get that flavor of the day.

Well to be fair, I am pretty sure Asik and Lin are expiring contracts. Its not like they signed them and then traded them the following season. They are off the books after this season, at least im pretty sure thats the case.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 2, 2014 -> 01:22 PM)
Ah the hurricanes will blow you guys off the map eventually. And you hit on the winter, but the summers there are brutal

Houston is far enough inland that its pretty unlikely a hurricane would ever blow it off the map, and if you live in Katy like I do the worst you get is heavy rain and MAYBE some roof damage. The summers can be very brutal but I tend to not mind it so much when im in a pool.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 2, 2014 -> 01:22 PM)

Snow falls once probably every 10 years, otherwise it's mid 40's And the last hurricane was 6 years ago.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 2, 2014 -> 01:27 PM)
Wow. Talk about overpay. I figured he'd sign for very little cash.

Followed this guy when the Bulls/Afflalo rumors were goin around....

Brian K. Schmitz ‏@MagicInsider 4m

Well, I guess if you're going to tank again, Ben Gordon is your go-to guy. Maybe I missed the big picture.

I lol'd

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 2, 2014 -> 07:21 PM)
From what I can tell it's the 10th, after the "July Moratorium".

It's expected to go up to 63 this year and 66 next year.....Luxury tax at 77/81.

Is salary cap a grand calculation? I don't understand why teams can't be given more notice.

QUOTE (bshah723 @ Jul 2, 2014 -> 12:57 PM)

15.75 a year.

Year 1 - 14M

Year 2 - 15.05M

Year 3 - 16.18M

Year 4 - 17.39M

Total - 62.6M

Hayward's not a $14 million/year player.

I think I understand why an exec said Butler could get the max now. If Hayward can get a max, I don't see why Jimmy Butler can't.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 2, 2014 -> 07:51 PM)
I can imagine they know somehow, it's raised after a league audit if that tells you anything.

Gotcha, I'm hoping it's above even the 63. Read an article that the projected cap had been raised with each 3 prior audits (I guess they are done quarterly).