2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 03:33 PM)
A healthy Bulls team is absolutely deserving and I don't see any reason why the Cavs wouldn't potentially be deserving.

Absolutely...I think some people are still wrapped up in the loss of Melo and thinking the result of it is an underwhelming/undeserving Bulls team.

Like others have said, this is a a Bulls squad that went 33-16 after trading Deng, now they're adding Rose, Pau, Mirotic, and McDermott to that team....They should be really really good....if healthy

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The NBA submitted an official proposal to reform the lottery this week at competition committee meetings in Las Vegas, pushing aside the Wheel idea in favor of a revised weighting system that shifts each team’s odds of getting the top pick, per several sources who have seen and reviewed the league’s proposal.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nba-lott...form-is-coming/

Pacers signed Stuckey, most likely for the vet min.

He would have been nice to have, although he doesn't really solve the Bulls' problems. Too inefficient, can't shoot the 3.

Bulls are looking at Sessions though, so there's that.

Ya, they can have Stuckey and his career 28% shooting from beyond the arc.

Being able to shoot the 3 should be a priority for whatever guard they sign.

Looking through some players available after Ray Allen there's not much left as far as SGs with range goes... PGs though, Sessions, Mo Williams, Aaron Brooks, and Booby Gibson are out here....I'd be happy with any one of those guys.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 17, 2014 -> 09:03 AM)
I didnt know Booby Gibson and Mo Williams were still in the league. I thought they faded out when Lebron left cleveland in 2010

Mo Williams is probably a lot better than you think. I'd love him as a backup guard. He's also a guy you can play off the ball with d rose on the ball because he's a pretty good 3 point shooter.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jul 17, 2014 -> 09:14 AM)
Mo Williams is probably a lot better than you think. I'd love him as a backup guard. He's also a guy you can play off the ball with d rose on the ball because he's a pretty good 3 point shooter.

Im not saying he is bad, I just cant remember the last time I saw either of those guys playing

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 17, 2014 -> 09:03 AM)
I didnt know Booby Gibson and Mo Williams were still in the league. I thought they faded out when Lebron left cleveland in 2010

Lol, Mo Williams has had a pretty solid career since 2010. He was Lillards backup in Portland last year.

I'm not so sure about Gibson. He's listed as a FA but wan't in the league last year after some legal problems. Just looking at some of his 3 point percentages he probably wouldn't be a bad add as the 3rd PG.....He's probably a guy they could pick up off the streets if need be though.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 04:06 PM)
Absolutely...I think some people are still wrapped up in the loss of Melo and thinking the result of it is an underwhelming/undeserving Bulls team.

Like others have said, this is a a Bulls squad that went 33-16 after trading Deng, now they're adding Rose, Pau, Mirotic, and McDermott to that team....They should be really really good....if healthy

The thing is nobody gives a damn anymore what they accomplished in the regular season. They're definitely improved, no doubt but we'll have to see just how much.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 17, 2014 -> 09:51 AM)
The thing is nobody gives a damn anymore what they accomplished in the regular season. They're definitely improved, no doubt but we'll have to see just how much.

That's fair enough. I was just responding to to Balta saying they're not "deserving" of winning the East. With a healthy squad I don't know how you can say they aren't deserving. With Thibs as the coach, how hard he makes people people play, and the additions they made, they absolutely deserve to be in the picture.

I think key to the season after Rose is Butler. It's a contract year. I think everyone assumes 37% shooting Jimmy Butler is the real Jimmy Butler, but if he reverts back to the year before, shooting 38% from 3 and 45% overall, that's a huge huge help.

His shot has always been so flat thought inconsistency seems likely.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 17, 2014 -> 10:42 AM)
I think key to the season after Rose is Butler. It's a contract year. I think everyone assumes 37% shooting Jimmy Butler is the real Jimmy Butler, but if he reverts back to the year before, shooting 38% from 3 and 45% overall, that's a huge huge help.

Jimmy will get a whole lot better simply by having other offensive options around him. He wasn't ready to be a primary scorer, and probably never will be.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 17, 2014 -> 10:51 AM)
Jimmy will get a whole lot better simply by having other offensive options around him. He wasn't ready to be a primary scorer, and probably never will be.

Except he wasn't a primary scorer last year. He still had a really low usage rate and was never a major part of the offense.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 17, 2014 -> 08:51 AM)

Great points. While he wasn't a primary scorer, he was looked to more then in past seasons to score. In addition, he also had numerous injuries which prevented him from having as much of his legs underneath him and really impacted him getting comfortable offensively. He shook off his rust as the season went on a bit but injuries really stalled him last year.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 17, 2014 -> 10:42 AM)

Agreed. Jimmy and/or Snell have to emerge as reliable 3 point shooters. I have faith in MJD/DMD to get theirs, but I highly doubt we'll ever see them on the court at the same time, so having a 2nd reliable shooter out there will do wonders for this team.

If neither of those 2 can get it going from beyond the arc we might be seeing a lot more of Hinrich at the 2...Which I personally don't think is THAT bad of a thing. Great D and a somewhat solid shooter from beyond the arc.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 17, 2014 -> 08:55 AM)
The bulk of defense is still going to fall on Butler, and those injuries he said he may have to play with the rest of his career, so I'm not banking on too much here.

Really, his various injuries are going to be permanent? Or does he mean just playing through injuries in general?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 17, 2014 -> 04:06 PM)
Really, his various injuries are going to be permanent? Or does he mean just playing through injuries in general?

He said he'll have to learn to play with his turf toe and good ole Fred Tedeschi said it may never improve.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 17, 2014 -> 09:23 AM)
He said he'll have to learn to play with his turf toe and good ole Fred Tedeschi said it may never improve.

Well maybe its good we have a new trainer cause that seems absurd. I could see playing through it for a season but with a full off-season I would think you'd be able to get better.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 17, 2014 -> 09:34 AM)
Fred did clear a player to play who had a broken leg and nearly killed Luol Deng. He's a hell of a trainer.

I am okay with a change. We've had more bouts of plantar fasiatis then any team I can remember and haven't exactly been one of the leagues healthiest teams. I have no stats to back this up, just basing it off my gut.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 17, 2014 -> 11:35 AM)
I am okay with a change. We've had more bouts of plantar fasiatis then any team I can remember and haven't exactly been one of the leagues healthiest teams. I have no stats to back this up, just basing it off my gut.

Thought this trainer guy left to take a job at Oregon State?

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 17, 2014 -> 02:54 PM)
Just saw a tweet that cavs willing to include Wiggins.

So long "wide open east", you were a fun 1 week.

Sigh.

At least Irving and Love aren't that great defensively. So if Rose/Pau/Niko/Taj should be able to get theirs offensively.