2014-2015 NBA thread

No doubt.

Irving - worst defensive pg not named Felton

Waiters - Horrible

James - Top 5 defender in league

Love - Bad bad bad

Verajao - never healthy and sucks

James's offensive numbers may decline with how much he'll need to cover on D.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 17, 2014 -> 03:22 PM)
No doubt.

Irving - worst defensive pg not named Felton

Waiters - Horrible

James - Top 5 defender in league

Love - Bad bad bad

Verajao - never healthy and sucks

James's offensive numbers may decline with how much he'll need to cover on D.

Umm, Varejao is a very good defensive player and terrific rebounder when healthy. The problem is he isn't healthy near enough.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 17, 2014 -> 02:54 PM)
Just saw a tweet that cavs willing to include Wiggins.

So long "wide open east", you were a fun 1 week.

Deal should be done already if so. If I am Minnesota I would take Wiggins, Waiters, Bennett, Miami's #1 next year and another 1st rounder for Love in a heartbeat.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 17, 2014 -> 03:32 PM)
Deal should be done already if so. If I am Minnesota I would take Wiggins, Waiters, Bennett, Miami's #1 next year and another 1st rounder for Love in a heartbeat.

If the Cavs are willing to include Wiggins it'll get done at some point, probably just some negotiating going on with what other players/picks will be going with him.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 17, 2014 -> 08:29 PM)
Umm, Varejao is a very good defensive player and terrific rebounder when healthy. The problem is he isn't healthy near enough.

Have you watched him recently? That man has broke down. I'm not sure you could consider him healthy even when he plays. I haven't seen him look good since the start of the 2012 season where he had a great november and then gone.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 17, 2014 -> 08:32 PM)

It won't require that much if they include wiggins.

The Lakers won the rights to Carlos Boozer with a high bid of $3.25 million, according to Marc Stein of ESPN.

The Lakers will acquire Boozer's expiring contract, while Chicago will have to pay the remaining $13.6 million for 2014-2015. Boozer was amnestied by the Bulls on Tuesday, and now has a new home in Los Angeles. It appears to be a win-win for both teams as the Bulls cleared enough cap space to sign Pau Gasol, while the Lakers get a veteran big man and an expiring contract.

Source: Marc Stein on Twitter

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 17, 2014 -> 03:59 PM)
Agreed....Wonder what he would have fetched on the open market....At least 5M I'd say.

He'd have gotten the MLE, I think, maybe slightly less, probably not more. A year ago he'd have gotten probably above the MLE but he's coming off a pretty down year.

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Jul 17, 2014 -> 05:58 PM)
Is it me or does everyone else forgets to mention that Love has been injured all the time too.

They do. He was healthy most of last year I think, but other than that he's been oft-injured.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 17, 2014 -> 06:25 PM)
He gets all his money.

Yea the bulls are gonna pay the difference. Carlos is getting 16+ this year regardless. If he went to an open market I highly doubt he would get more

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 17, 2014 -> 04:21 PM)
The thing about the amnesty that f***s you is that it happens after everyone has spent their money. He would have gotten himself paid if he became available July 1

Technically, he doesn't get any more or less so he could care less what this works out to. It isn't like he gets this amount on top of what the Bulls pay him (or at least I don't think so). This is just what the cap hit is for the team that acquires him and they essentially pay the Bulls this amount (with the Bulls paying Carlos the remainder of his salary). So this is basically 3.5 less M of the ~16M the Bulls had hit. So from a cash flow perspective, Bulls are spending an additional 12.5M then what their true salary is per our cap number (as this is all non-cap but real cash).

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 17, 2014 -> 04:39 PM)
Yea the bulls are gonna pay the difference. Carlos is getting 16+ this year regardless. If he went to an open market I highly doubt he would get more

Exactly; He probably didn't care either way, just wanted the opportunity to play in a good spot.

The worst part is everyone knew he would be amnestied, so honestly why would the lakers sign and trade Pau for the contract, expiring or not? They waited him out and got him for peanuts

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 18, 2014 -> 12:56 AM)
The worst part is everyone knew he would be amnestied, so honestly why would the lakers sign and trade Pau for the contract, expiring or not? They waited him out and got him for peanuts

To get picks.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 17, 2014 -> 06:57 PM)
To get picks.

Bulls picks really aren't valuable going forward. Maybe the Sacramento pick if it breaks right.

And even then, the Lakers aren't exactly a draft savvy organization