2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 31, 2014 -> 10:55 PM)
Yep. Thibs sucked tonight. Use that depth on the bench. The depth that scores points.

Taj - 28 minutes, 10 points

Snell - 23 minutes, 10 points

Brooks - 20 minutes, 11 points

The only place where he screwed up personnel-wise was it turned out that he probably should have found more minutes for Mirotic, especially since we went to OT

QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 31, 2014 -> 10:01 PM)
Taj - 28 minutes, 10 points

Snell - 23 minutes, 10 points

Brooks - 20 minutes, 11 points

The only place where he screwed up personnel-wise was it turned out that he probably should have found more minutes for Mirotic, especially since we went to OT

Offense sucked to end the game. He stuck with the defensive rotation of years past. Didn't work then, not gonna work now.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 31, 2014 -> 09:57 PM)
Or some guys just have s***ty luck with injuries....like Rose. He's Penny or Grant Hill guys. Just accept it.

You're basically assuming he'll never be healthy again...after an ankle sprain. Ok w/e.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Oct 31, 2014 -> 10:00 PM)
Not worried too much. It's game 2. Hopefully this team gels.

There's really nothing to be worried about. We played fairly well for most of the 4th quarter without Rose. Hinrich went apes***. I don't think we'll see that ever again from him.

Turns out he actually sprained both of his ankles, lol.

To sustain a minor injury like this and bounce back will probably be a big mental hurdle for him to clear, though. He hasn't had many benign injuries on the basketball court for a while.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 1, 2014 -> 09:51 AM)
My main concern is in two games they have destroyed Bulls on glass. That can't happen, and a lot of it looked like just watching the ball

Well Noah is on one leg. He was consistently getting beat for positioning by their bigs. Honestly, I would think it's best that he sits out until February. You have the bigs to get away with that too. Because playoff time, you're going to need him.

I'm not upset with yesterday's loss. I feel quite good about it actually.

Noah is still injured

Butler didn't play at all

Rose was injured the entire 2nd half

Thibs screwed up by not putting in Gasol on the last play in regulation

Taj was terrible

Mirotic only played 4 minutes

McDermott didn't really have many plays ran for him

Snell played heavy minutes with Kirk

And we still took them to OT. You could even argue we would've won in regulation had it not been for the refs. Get everyone healthy, especially with the easy part of the schedule and in Jan, make sure everyone is healthy, so that in February, you can get the gears going and start hitting your stride by the time the playoffs come around.

Cleveland had to play their stars 40 minutes the past two nights. Blatt is going to burn them out.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 31, 2014 -> 10:11 PM)
Tired of seeing the same crap every year. At some point you gotta call a spade a spade. Dude plays violently and gets hurt frequently. That's a fact.

GTFO. He twisted his ankles. You do realize he had that issue heavily in high school and in college which is why Adidas developed those special braces for him, right? And has he suffered many ankle injuries? Not really. Only time I can think is when the Bulls training staff was adamant about taping his ankles and not using the braces.

What makes your argument worse is that they are mild sprains(guess what, players get injured throughout the season), and that he has been playing less violent than any year before. Yet, you probably are the type asking why Rose is taking so many jumpshots and complain about that too.

Westbrook broke his hand in the 2nd game of the season and is out 4-6 weeks. Last year, he had to dealing with coming back from a torn meniscus. OMG HES INJURY PR0N3!!!!

QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 31, 2014 -> 09:58 PM)
Main thoughts:

-Game 2, already, but D Rose has to be healthy

-Pau Gasol is not fit for Thibodeau's defense. Lazy, slow. We'll see if he improves unlike Boozer. He does have size which helps his defense when they run right at him.

-Taj played very badly down the stretch run. Just hurt? Hopefully.

-Having Jimmy back will help on both ends. Since CLE doesn't have a Wade-like guy on O, we don't have the problem of picking who he guards.

-Snell had a couple stinkers but overall looked pretty good and might have earned him a place in the rotation, at least when we need a long defender on the wing.

-Cavs don't really look that good. We match up well with Love, Kyrie sucks. LBJ is LBJ. Thompson killed us tonight and exposed a general weakness that Pau can't box out but I don't expect him to play that well all the time. Varejao had several lucky buckets as well.

-DRose will be healthy when it counts as long as Thibs isn't throwing him out there for 40 minutes which he's already starting to get pissed at(Thibs).

-Pau had 6 blocks last night and was benched down the stretch even with Noah having a minutes restriction and Taj sucking. Thibs made a mistake not playing him.

- Jimmy will help.

- Snell played decent. Expect him to come back to earth.

- Mirotic and McDermott should've played more, especially since we were having troubles rebounding. McDermott is an exceptional rebounder.

- Irving is a non-factor when Rose is in the game.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Nov 1, 2014 -> 01:11 PM)
-DRose will be healthy when it counts as long as Thibs isn't throwing him out there for 40 minutes which he's already starting to get pissed at(Thibs).

Rose has missed 2 and a half out of the last 3 seasons. Until proven otherwyise it looks like he is just one of those guys who can't stay healthy.

Just watched last night's Cavs/Bulls game, this is gonna be a fun series to watch going foward. A few thoughts, I don't really read too much into last night's loss, the Cavs came out way more stronger than the Bulls, evidenced by the large rebounding disparity in the first half. I kinda knew that was gonna happen, they were thoroughly embarrassed on national TV by the terrible Knicks so they came out with a chip on their shoulder. Is it just me or does LeBron look a half step slower? I lol'd when Irving asked Miller if that was a playoff atmosphere and he said it was two notches below. I know Rose suffered a mild sprain but can he ever finish a big game? I know injuries happen but it's just so frustrating as a fan.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1