2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Nov 4, 2014 -> 09:05 PM)
What is the point of overworking some of these guys in the 4th game against the damn Magic.

Who did they overwork? Snell got minutes. Butler played well. Tons of guys got minutes and productivity. Only spot we didn't do a lot of rotating was in the post-position and that was largely due to Noah being out it meant more minutes to go between Taj / Nik / Gasol. We missed a heck of a lot of cookies and easy jumpers and defense really didn't ratchet down till late but man I love the depth of this team.

Dougie played nice in the 1st half but Nik really impressed as well. Did a nice job creating from near 3. He is pretty quick for a guy his size and a much better passer then advertised.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 5, 2014 -> 04:50 PM)
Who did they overwork? Snell got minutes. Butler played well. Tons of guys got minutes and productivity. Only spot we didn't do a lot of rotating was in the post-position and that was largely due to Noah being out it meant more minutes to go between Taj / Nik / Gasol. We missed a heck of a lot of cookies and easy jumpers and defense really didn't ratchet down till late but man I love the depth of this team.

Dougie played nice in the 1st half but Nik really impressed as well. Did a nice job creating from near 3. He is pretty quick for a guy his size and a much better passer then advertised.

Not only was Noah out, but Taj got 3 fouls right away.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 5, 2014 -> 09:50 AM)

I would have liked to see Nazr get a few of the 40 minutes they gave to Gasol, but other than that I am not gonna complain

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 5, 2014 -> 11:22 AM)
Good to know Bulls fans are going to irrationally oscillate between complaining of players playing on injuries and complaining about players sitting out because of injury.

I'm not going to complain about Rose sitting out but until he actually shows he can stay on the court for more than a few weeks at a time I'm going to be really skeptical that he will actually be healthy come playoff time.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 5, 2014 -> 10:22 AM)
Good to know Bulls fans are going to irrationally oscillate between complaining of players playing on injuries and complaining about players sitting out because of injury.

This is Derrick Rose. He made it 1.5 games and here we go again. It's a different story.

At least Jimmy Butler has taken the leap. 11 FTA and 15 FTA his first two games. Matching that offer sheet is going to suck a bag of dicks, because he's going to get filthy offers.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 5, 2014 -> 11:10 AM)
He landed on a foot. It happens.

I didn't catch what happened to the other ankle.

He had no contact when he blew out his ACL and missed an entire season.

He had no contact when he tore his meniscus and missed 70 games.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 5, 2014 -> 11:11 AM)

This morning Cowley said when he landed and rolled his ankle, his other foot sort of came out of his shoe and that is when it was rolled.

I didnt see it, but that is the first i heard of how it happened

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 5, 2014 -> 06:11 PM)

As is typical with knees.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 5, 2014 -> 08:26 AM)
This is Derrick Rose. He made it 1.5 games and here we go again. It's a different story.

At least Jimmy Butler has taken the leap. 11 FTA and 15 FTA his first two games. Matching that offer sheet is going to suck a bag of dicks, because he's going to get filthy offers.

That will be a good problem to have. I want thing to play himself into max money. Hopefully he keeps taking that step forward! Personally I think we should have stepped up our offer cause its going to cost us more going forward but at least he is saying and doing the right things. He is a bad man on defense...bad!

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 5, 2014 -> 06:17 PM)
It does, but a lot of guys don't get injured when that happens. Derrick Rose hasn't been healthy since the 2010 season. Why should I believe he is suddenly going to stay healthy this year?

A lot of guys don't get minor sprains when they land on a foot and roll their ankle? And choose to sit out because it isn't 100% but could probably play?

Again, if you guys can't handle him sitting out for minor sprains, don't also b**** about other players playing too much, or how we should rest noah more because of his knee.

he played through ankle injuries through 2011 and everyone was like "oh sit him, sit him, why won't you sit him?"

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 5, 2014 -> 12:20 PM)
A lot of guys don't get minor sprains when they land on a foot and roll their ankle? And choose to sit out because it isn't 100% but could probably play?

Again, if you guys can't handle him sitting out for minor sprains, don't also b**** about other players playing too much, or how we should rest noah more because of his knee.

he played through ankle injuries through 2011 and everyone was like "oh sit him, sit him, why won't you sit him?"

A lot of guys don't sprain their ankle every time they land on a foot. If they did you would see players go down with sprained ankles nearly every game.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 5, 2014 -> 11:17 AM)
This morning Cowley said when he landed and rolled his ankle, his other foot sort of came out of his shoe and that is when it was rolled.

I didnt see it, but that is the first i heard of how it happened

Funk said the second ankle injury was really nothing he couldn't have played with. They didn't even want to call it a sprain.

I read an article where Calipari said DRose has a very small threshold of pain. You give him a little elbow and he is in agony. That concerns me. I do agree, this injury is different than the knee injuries because he just unluckily landed on a foot. Anyone who has played basketball has probably done that. But on the other hand, he has played 1 1/2 games out of 4. The pattern continues. It just makes you wonder what's next. Before he tore his ACL, he was missing games with all sorts of different injuries.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 5, 2014 -> 11:34 AM)
Funk said the second ankle injury was really nothing he couldn't have played with. They didn't even want to call it a sprain.

I read an article where Calipari said DRose has a very small threshold of pain. You give him a little elbow and he is in agony. That concerns me. I do agree, this injury is different than the knee injuries because he just unluckily landed on a foot. Anyone who has played basketball has probably done that. But on the other hand, he has played 1 1/2 games out of 4. The pattern continues. It just makes you wonder what's next. Before he tore his ACL, he was missing games with all sorts of different injuries.

I never really understood this. Rose plays like a running back and gets whacked all the time and never really complains (except for no calls). He's also played through injuries before. I bet that quote was taken out of context and/or it's not the full quote.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 5, 2014 -> 11:54 AM)
Rose wont outrun any of the criticism until he stays on the court. there really isnt anything more to it

This. Most of us think his chronic injuries started with the tearing of his ACL in the playoffs. I think many forget, he missed 27 of the 66 games that season with various injuries.

I am a big DRose fan, and have always thought he can get back to what he was. But I must say, this, and I know they are doing the smart thing using caution, is getting discouraging. He is turning into the Ken Griffey Jr. of basketball.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 5, 2014 -> 10:23 AM)
I'm not going to complain about Rose sitting out but until he actually shows he can stay on the court for more than a few weeks at a time I'm going to be really skeptical that he will actually be healthy come playoff time.

This is where I'm at. I don't care how many games he sits out in the first part of the season but unfortunately I have no faith in him to actually be on the court come playoff time.

I just want a fully healthy Rose and Butler out there together.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 5, 2014 -> 12:15 PM)
This. Most of us think his chronic injuries started with the tearing of his ACL in the playoffs. I think many forget, he missed 27 of the 66 games that season with various injuries.

I am a big DRose fan, and have always thought he can get back to what he was. But I must say, this, and I know they are doing the smart thing using caution, is getting discouraging. He is turning into the Ken Griffey Jr. of basketball.

I get the comparison but Griffey was way more accomplished before he started to go down all the time.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 5, 2014 -> 12:20 PM)
That will be a good problem to have. I want thing to play himself into max money. Hopefully he keeps taking that step forward! Personally I think we should have stepped up our offer cause its going to cost us more going forward but at least he is saying and doing the right things. He is a bad man on defense...bad!

Butler playing into a max contract would be annoying in terms of having to pay it...but with the cap spiking next year it wouldn't be an unbearable hit.

I guess I just don't understand the point of criticizing a player for injuries. And considering we've had 3 years of this board b****ing about it, having it reappear because of a sprained ankle that caused him to miss 2 games...just spare me.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 5, 2014 -> 11:04 AM)
I guess I just don't understand the point of criticizing a player for injuries. And considering we've had 3 years of this board b****ing about it, having it reappear because of a sprained ankle that caused him to miss 2 games...just spare me.

I'm with you. I think the Bulls are being extra cautious and early in the season with this team, I am okay with it. Especially because it is allowing us to get a lot of other guys minutes. Same thing with sitting Taj / Noah for a game. I hope we do a lot of just coaches decision - DNP during the season as well to ensure our guys are fresh. This was an actual basketball injury too, which again, while I don't like, it is much different then the past stuff.

I'd be more pissed if we rushed him back at 50% and he ended up getting hurt cause he was favoring things. Now if he isn't playing next week, then I'll just say everyone is being soft.