2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not trying to be sarcastic, but is Rose ever going to be healthy? After losing all of last season I said he'd have to regain the confidence of all the fans that he can be healthy for a full season again, but this is just unbelievable. I didn't expect for ankle sprains and hamstrings to be holding him back THIS early.

I am just wondering what the end all is here. He hasn't started and finished 2 games in a row yet this season, and has had no knee issues. If this keeps up, the being ready for the playoffs line, is out the window. How is he suddenly going to be able to answer the bell every night in an even more intense environment, playing starters minutes.

His quotes after the game indicate he was just sore, nothing like a pull or anything. It makes you wonder, because eventually he is going to have to suck it up and play through something for this pattern to end, unless the pattern is never going to end. No pain, no gain.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 26, 2014 -> 06:56 AM)
It kind of looks like Thibs said "f*** it, stay in the locker room"

Apparently Thibs wanted to be cautious, according to Friedell.

According to Cowley it was a benching.

Man, the sad part is we don't even need MVP Rose and DPOY Noah...we just need the normal versions of them, but Noah's searching for his energy / playing out of position and Derrick's mental wall is huge most of the time.

I just dont get it. The guy clearly is afraid of being hurt, any tweak or twinge freaks him out. I dont know what can be done for him, but what we are seeing is clearly affecting the team in terms of continuity.

And him staying in the locker room at the half after being merely "sore", well its a very curious situation to say the least

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 26, 2014 -> 07:26 AM)
Apparently Thibs wanted to be cautious, according to Friedell.

According to Cowley it was a benching.

Man, the sad part is we don't even need MVP Rose and DPOY Noah...we just need the normal versions of them, but Noah's searching for his energy / playing out of position and Derrick's mental wall is huge most of the time.

Thibs comments when asked about him after the Utah game, indicated he is getting pretty frustrated with how this is playing out. But if he is so freaked out about any ache or pain, playing probably isn't the right thing to do.

I just think his head needs as much rehab as his body parts. Get him a shrink.

Edited by Dick Allen

Hopefully there will just be a moment where Derrick's insane drive comes back and pushes him right through the mental wall. Something needs to piss Derrick off like it used to and then he'd demand the ball and go full throttle down the court.

My guess is that will happen against the Cavaliers.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 26, 2014 -> 08:10 AM)
Just sit for three weeks regardless of the fan pressure to play. It's a long season.

You could give him 3 months and it will still be the same story. Sadly, not all Bulls fans have come to grips yet that this is the "new" Derrick Rose. Fragile, good player when he plays, but unreliable and no longer a superstar. I have said it before but this is our modern day Penny Hardaway.

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Nov 26, 2014 -> 08:20 AM)
You could give him 3 months and it will still be the same story. Sadly, not all Bulls fans have come to grips yet that this is the "new" Derrick Rose. Fragile, good player when he plays, but unreliable and no longer a superstar. I have said it before but this is our modern day Penny Hardaway.

Yes. Sadly not all Bulls fans can see the future like you can.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 26, 2014 -> 08:10 AM)
Just sit for three weeks regardless of the fan pressure to play. It's a long season.

Just trying to be smart, back-to-back (games), fatigue, and didn't want to take any steps back," said Rose, who scored two points. "So, take these couple of days off, head to Boston."

I really don't know what taking more time off does to help that. If he is fatiqued, he is going to have to push himself. There is very little he can do outside of the games to improve his wind during an NBA season.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 26, 2014 -> 09:26 AM)
Just trying to be smart, back-to-back (games), fatigue, and didn't want to take any steps back," said Rose, who scored two points. "So, take these couple of days off, head to Boston."

I really don't know what taking more time off does to help that. If he is fatiqued, he is going to have to push himself. There is very little he can do outside of the games to improve his wind during an NBA season.

He's just sat out for a week, if it's legit fatigue on the 2nd night of a back to back, fine.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 26, 2014 -> 08:37 AM)
He's just sat out for a week, if it's legit fatigue on the 2nd night of a back to back, fine.

He played 25 minutes in the front half. He obviously needs to build up endurance. At some point he is going to have to push through discomfort or this will continue. Having him sit out 3 weeks now , which I was referring, doesn't make any sense to me.

If you were training for a marathon, would you try to be "smart" and only run until you were tired? He has to have some sort of plan that gets him to 35-40 minutes a night, even back to backs. If guys only played when they weren't fatiqued, there would be a lot of forfeits in the NBA.

It is almost like the Bulls are walking on egg shells with him. Thibs is obviously frustrated, but if this continues another month or two status quo, someone from the Bulls is going to have to grow a pair and risk pissing Reggie off and talk to Derrick.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 26, 2014 -> 08:51 AM)
He played 25 minutes in the front half. He obviously needs to build up endurance. At some point he is going to have to push through discomfort or this will continue. Having him sit out 3 weeks now , which I was referring, doesn't make any sense to me.

If you were training for a marathon, would you try to be "smart" and only run until you were tired? He has to have some sort of plan that gets him to 35-40 minutes a night, even back to backs. If guys only played when they weren't fatiqued, there would be a lot of forfeits in the NBA.

It is almost like the Bulls are walking on egg shells with him. Thibs is obviously frustrated, but if this continues another month or two status quo, someone from the Bulls is going to have to grow a pair and risk pissing Reggie off and talk to Derrick.

No, it absolutely IS that.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 26, 2014 -> 08:22 AM)
Yes. Sadly not all Bulls fans can see the future like you can.

Sadly Bulls fans can see the future and it looks like one where Rose is not part of it.

What happens after resting for three weeks? He gets all healthy and lasts the rest of the season and then can lead the team through a grueling playoff run.....

Edited by Harry Chappas