2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Bulls need health and their depth to win. They never were going to win anything with multiple starters out or hurt. They still haven't really played as a whole team this year. The stretch they were almost all healthy was their best basketball of the year. None of that is coincidence.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 19, 2015 -> 07:53 PM)
Are you the new me? I post this and all hell breaks loose. You're more pessimistic now than you were from '11 to '14 when the Bulls had NO chance of beating Miami. I think as long as guys aren't dead come April the Bulls have as good a chance as any to win the east.

This was supposed to be the best Bulls team yet, and it's looking like the same s*** all over again. It gets at you.

I never thought the Bulls could beat this Cavs team from the get go and I will stick by it, and until I see it happen, I will say Bulls will not beat Lebron in the playoffs.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jan 19, 2015 -> 08:24 PM)
This was supposed to be the best Bulls team yet, and it's looking like the same s*** all over again. It gets at you.

I never thought the Bulls could beat this Cavs team from the get go and I will stick by it, and until I see it happen, I will say Bulls will not beat Lebron in the playoffs.

This is not "same s*** all over again". This is a Thibs team that can inexplicably not play defense and is getting outworked every game. I've never seen such a lethargic product from his leadership.

This is the opposite of same old s***. Old s*** was super try hard annoying pest Bulls that willed themselves to win. This is lazy and talented and nobody is pulling for everyone else. Noah and Dunleavy need to come back and get this ship back in order

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 19, 2015 -> 08:47 PM)
0 points and 0 assists in 27 minutes for Hinrich. Just an unbelievably awful player on the offensive end. And it isn't like he is great defensively anymore.

This team does not have a single guard who defends well when we cannot use dunleavy at 3 to push jimmy to the 2. Our guard defense is so sloppy the pick and rolls create 3 easy shot options for teams.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 19, 2015 -> 06:27 PM)
This is not "same s*** all over again". This is a Thibs team that can inexplicably not play defense and is getting outworked every game. I've never seen such a lethargic product from his leadership.

f***ing train wreck. Out rebounded by a bazillion. Refs were f***ing terrible too (must have given the Cavs 10 points but still...doens't matter). Get this s*** figured the f*** out. How about we just start our bench and send a message. We play so f***ing selfish on offense. So ugly. We really miss MDJ and his overall ball movement but still awful.

Derrick needs to stay away from the media. He needs to keep his mouth shut and lead a player-only meeting. He's the highest paid guy on the team and the whole team did nothing but support him and defend him from the media the past 2 years. He complains about guys being quiet out in the court, maybe if he looks into the mirror, he'll know why.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jan 20, 2015 -> 10:39 AM)
Derrick needs to stay away from the media. He needs to keep his mouth shut and lead a player-only meeting. He's the highest paid guy on the team and the whole team did nothing but support him and defend him from the media the past 2 years. He complains about guys being quiet out in the court, maybe if he looks into the mirror, he'll know why.

I'm completely fine with him saying something. His teammates know he's mostly a soft spoken guy, if he's pissed off like this then maybe it'll give them a kick in the ass to get going. Don't get me wrong, he's a big part of the problem right now but I'm completely fine with him speaking up for once.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 20, 2015 -> 08:42 AM)
I'm completely fine with him saying something. His teammates know he's mostly a soft spoken guy, if he's pissed off like this then maybe it'll give them a kick in the ass to get going. Don't get me wrong, he's a big part of the problem right now but I'm completely fine with him speaking up for once.

Me too.

But why should his teammates listen when Rose himself isn't leading by example. I understand he's quiet off the court, but if you know the problem is guys are not talking on court, then start enforcing the habit himself before calling guys out. Being the highest paid guy and having your name called at last during player introductions comes with a little bit more responsibility.

I am reading that the internally guys are dividing and some are not pleased with Rose's leadership. It might just be rumors, but pulling off s*** like this isn't going to help. The TNT crew last night thought that this should be something Rose should have said internally to his teammates, and I agree with that.

Without knowing the internal team dynamics its hard to say 100% "this should/shouldn't be private", but I lean towards the "This is DRose, I can't remember him calling out anyone, so if he's getting on people there's a reason why" side.

The true test will be whether it matters in wins and losses of course.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 20, 2015 -> 11:33 AM)
Without knowing the internal team dynamics its hard to say 100% "this should/shouldn't be private", but I lean towards the "This is DRose, I can't remember him calling out anyone, so if he's getting on people there's a reason why" side.

The true test will be whether it matters in wins and losses of course.

If it's clearly his teemmates not pulling their weight then I would have no problem with that. But he's part of the issue just as much as the anyone else on the team. This is going leave a sour taste on their mouth, especially those who kept saying the right things to the media on Rose's behalf for the better part of he last 3 years.

Thibs had scheduled a practice for today, but this happened...

@kcjhoop (K.C. Johnson)

#Bulls PR sends out update saying that practice has been called off.

After last night's disaster, Gasol said this:

#Gasol postgame: "We have two days between games we haven't had in over a month so it will be good to recover and go back to work Wednesday."

And about 4 hours ago, K.C. Johnson tweeted this:

#Bulls did have Sunday off. But players talked about first 2-day break since Dec. 21 as chance to recover. Instead, Thibodeau calls practice.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 20, 2015 -> 01:10 PM)
Presume Thibs decided to give players rest and let them sit on the loss. He's also said to be evaluating rotational changes, etc. Everything is on the table. Wonder if someone gets sent out or benched to send a message.

Rose bench, Hinrich full time starter.