2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ May 5, 2015 -> 11:22 AM)
I found it very interesting to see to Woj article this morning. Woj does NOT have a good relationship with the Bulls front office, it's been known for a while.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/tom-thibodeau...-072125079.html

Similar to Jeff Van Gundy, it seems as if Thibs used that story in this long running game the front office and Thibs have been playing all year. It seems all along that if the Bulls didn't reach the Finals, Thibs wasn't coming back, and will probably be traded this offseason.

I honestly would be pretty surprised if Thibs was leaking anything at this point in time. Given his work ethic and desire for victory, i'm fairly certain if it doesn't help the Bulls win a title, he doesn't care and doesn't want to be bothered by it. Maybe his agent or someone else leaked something but my guess is this is a lot of "secondary" and "tertiary" leaks vs. stuff straight from Tom.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On sidenote, poster on another Bulls board (Tyrus something another) mentioned that the presumption is if Bulls make it past Cleveland, they'd try it another year (and he is considered an "insider" their). Also pointed out how players have always stuck with Thibs. I honestly think if Thibs goes, players will lose it, specifically Noah, Taj and Butler, but it is also clear how much Rose likes him (at least according to Woj). If you are a front office or Reinsdorf, how could you be so stupid.

Are we turning into the Niners?

On sidenote, poster on another Bulls board (Tyrus something another) mentioned that the presumption is if Bulls make it past Cleveland, they'd try it another year (and he is considered an "insider" their). Also pointed out how players have always stuck with Thibs. I honestly think if Thibs goes, players will lose it, specifically Noah, Taj and Butler, but it is also clear how much Rose likes him (at least according to Woj). If you are a front office or Reinsdorf, how could you be so stupid.

Are we turning into the Niners?

Noah and Taj are one thing, Rose and especially Butler is a whole 'nother. Do not piss off Jimmy Butler.

*I love Noah and Taj and even if they aren't the players they were a few years ago theyre definitely the DNA of this era of Bulls basketball, but they could walk and be replaced pretty easily.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 5, 2015 -> 11:56 AM)
The Bulls under Thibs are 3-0 in Game 1 of series against a LeBron James led team in the playoffs. They are 0-8 after game 1's.

Ehh Lebron's teams were clearly more talented than the Bulls in those 2 series. This time around, Bulls have a bit more talent than Cavs without Love. We have neutralized their HCA, now it will come down to who can make the right adjustments the rest of the series, something Thibs has gotten a lot of grieves about over the years.

The Heat were in 4 straight finals. They beat an OKC team that featured 1 future MVP and 2 future mvp finalists.

They were a top team in defensive and offensive efficiency. They were stacked.

The cavs depth is mostly composed of vets 4 years older than they were on Heat. They have maybe 5 NBA players at the moment until JR smith gets back.

But - they still are really good. They just lost a game where opponent shot 50%+ from 3pt range. I'm sure they know that won't last.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ May 5, 2015 -> 11:58 AM)
Jas, I think that's a little naive to be honest. The Bulls had a HUGE win on the road against the Cavs. Things are going great. Thibs is a smart enough guy to know what he is doing.

He's 100% sending a message. He knew what the tone of that article would be, and Thibs had no problem giving Woj a 1 on 1 after the game.

He knew what he was doing. And again, I'm not trying to say Thibs is a bad guy/bad coach. All I'm saying is both sides are acting like children.

I am not saying Thibs hasn't said other things, I just don't think he was sending that message after game 1. Too much other s*** that is more important / more pressing. I do take everything Van Gundy says about the relationship as gospel though as I presume it comes straight from Thibs.

On a sidenote, good for Thibs if he is...this issue is more about the front office than Tom, imo.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ May 5, 2015 -> 12:53 PM)
Ehh Lebron's teams were clearly more talented than the Bulls in those 2 series. This time around, Bulls have a bit more talent than Cavs without Love. We have neutralized their HCA, now it will come down to who can make the right adjustments the rest of the series, something Thibs has gotten a lot of grieves about over the years.

Well...lets see...LBJ starts to defend Rose, all of a sudden we are going to have more struggles or at least have to adjust back. My presumption is that is the change we see and than we will need to see Pau / Butler step up with Rose pulling James out of the interior.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ May 5, 2015 -> 01:27 PM)
I honestly don't know who is more at fault, and quite frankly it doesn't matter, it shouldn't be happening, especially when it seems like they really are playing against each other in the media and each using their allies in print and digital against each other. It's just all so petty, and I really don't even know where it all comes from.

Completely agree. Too childish.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 5, 2015 -> 03:15 PM)
Well...lets see...LBJ starts to defend Rose, all of a sudden we are going to have more struggles or at least have to adjust back. My presumption is that is the change we see and than we will need to see Pau / Butler step up with Rose pulling James out of the interior.

They can put Lebron on Rose all they want, but it won't deter our offense the way it did in 2011, Butler and Gasol are a lot better shot creators and makers than Deng and Boozer. The other thing is Rose has had a lot more confidence and success with his 20 ft jump shot late in games than he did back in 2011, he actually had a couple against Lebron last night as well, so he doesn't have to take Lebron to the hoop every play.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ May 5, 2015 -> 03:39 PM)
They can put Lebron on Rose all they want, but it won't deter our offense the way it did in 2011, Butler and Gasol are a lot better shot creators and makers than Deng and Boozer. The other thing is Rose has had a lot more confidence and success with his 20 ft jump shot late in games than he did back in 2011, he actually had a couple against Lebron last night as well, so he doesn't have to take Lebron to the hoop every play.

This actually worries me

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ May 5, 2015 -> 04:39 PM)

Plus in 2011 Kyle Korver forgot how to "shoot" for > a week.

He's shooting 45% from 16-23 ft. I always thought that's his true range, not that 3's. Obviously we like to see him take it to the hoop more, but I just don't think that's smart when Lebron's guarding him. So yea, if he ends up taking that mid range shot or set up Gasol or Butler in that situation, I wouldn't be complaining at all.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 5, 2015 -> 04:05 PM)
Plus in 2011 Kyle Korver forgot how to "shoot" for > a week.

Korver sucked for more than just that one year in the playoffs. He shot like crap in 2011 and 2012.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ May 5, 2015 -> 04:07 PM)
He's shooting 45% from 16-23 ft. I always thought that's his true range, not that 3's. Obviously we like to see him take it to the hoop more, but I just don't think that's smart when Lebron's guarding him. So yea, if he ends up taking that mid range shot or set up Gasol or Butler in that situation, I wouldn't be complaining at all.

The way we shot in game 1 isn't sustainable whatsoever. I think that's my biggest worry at the moment.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 5, 2015 -> 04:09 PM)
The way we shot in game 1 isn't sustainable whatsoever. I think that's my biggest worry at the moment.

On the other hand, it was remarkable how wide open people were for those shots. If you leave Gasol wide open from 15 feet, it's going in 80% of the time. That's a free throw for him.

Rose, his midrange has looked good all year, and it's there for him to shoot.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 5, 2015 -> 04:09 PM)

Cavs just don't have the talents defensively. Also, I think last night the Bulls were just taking what the Cavs gave them, and they were wide open in many of their jump shots. If Cavs adjust, expect the Bulls take to the hoop more and drawing more fouls, something that didn't happen last night.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 5, 2015 -> 04:14 PM)
On the other hand, it was remarkable how wide open people were for those shots. If you leave Gasol wide open from 15 feet, it's going in 80% of the time. That's a free throw for him.

Rose, his midrange has looked good all year, and it's there for him to shoot.

Rose shot 28% on shots between 10-16 feet and 38% on shots from 16-23 feet. He shot poorly all year on shots that weren't at the rim.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ May 5, 2015 -> 04:17 PM)
Rose shot 28% on shots between 10-16 feet and 38% on shots from 16-23 feet. He shot poorly all year on shots that weren't at the rim.

Unless you can show me what Rose shot on uncontested jumpers from 10-23 feet I will attribute this to a lot of his garbage shot selection and random long floaters and lamely trying to create contact.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ May 5, 2015 -> 06:18 PM)
SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 4m4 minutes ago

THIS JUST IN: John Wall is ruled out for Game 2 tonight vs Hawks with wrist injury.

Hard to enjoy this postseason when star players are goin' down every 35 seconds.