2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Even though I hated the way its handled, find garpax deplorable, and am overall very pessimistic about this bulls team...

I'm already excited about Hoiberg. Will be fun to get out and run, even though it won't be as fun if they are losing.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 04:09 PM)
Even though I hated the way its handled, find garpax deplorable, and am overall very pessimistic about this bulls team...

I'm already excited about Hoiberg. Will be fun to get out and run, even though it won't be as fun if they are losing.

I am trying to find a way to s*** on your Hoiberg enthusiasm. Its too soon to have Bulls excitement and I dont think fun should be allowed right now.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 04:14 PM)
I am trying to find a way to s*** on your Hoiberg enthusiasm. Its too soon to have Bulls excitement and I dont think fun should be allowed right now.

offseason hypotheticals >>>> actual bulls results.

For some quick Garpax hate:

-Remember how Taj was so important to the future of the team that we forced ourselves into keeping him in the Carmelo hunt and then now are looking to trade him at his lowest value in 3 years?

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 04:16 PM)

-Remember how Taj was so important to the future of the team that we forced ourselves into keeping him in the Carmelo hunt and then now are looking to trade him at his lowest value in 3 years?

Depends on what camp you are in. Many people would say GarPax valued him at the correct level but Thibs ran him into the ground thus diminishing his value.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 04:30 PM)
Depends on what camp you are in. Many people would say GarPax valued him at the correct level but Thibs ran him into the ground thus diminishing his value.

Meh. Gibson has been pretty consistent from year to year throughout his career including this season. Any diminished trade value is because there is no longer the illusion of upside with Gibson since he is approaching 30.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 04:16 PM)

Well, we wouldn't have Niko or Pau in the scenario, so if we had Melo he was needed.

Also, Niko and Pau make going for Love a poor choice. Need a big man that can play defense or an athletic wing.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 01:33 PM)
I know he's put up better numbers already in his career...but is love really that different in style from Mirotic?

Love is a multi-time all star who is in his mid 20's. I think it is insanely short sighted to not accept him because of Mirotic. Mirotic was a nice player but Kevin Love is a top 20 player in this league and a year ago people would have argued he was possibly top 5 and for sure top 10. I'd also say that Love is an insanely better rebounder than Niko. I would agree that Gasol is probably the best fit as he plays that physical big position very well but Love's stock is down further then it probably should be.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 06:45 PM)
http://www.csnchicago.com/bulls/report-fre...es-headed-bulls

Jeff GoodmanVerified account

‏@GoodmanESPN

Fred Hoiberg now on a plane to Chicago and source told ESPN he has already informed several staff members and players he is gone to Bulls.

Thus closing the most confounding mystery of the 21st century, who will be the next coach of the Chicago Bulls?

Garpax can really run a wild goose chase

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 05:50 PM)
Get paid more and win the East with LeBron. Get paid less and bow out in round 2 with DRose, if healthy. Pretty easy answer for Love.

Olynik aside, I'd actually be pretty surprised if he didn't sign in Boston.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 2, 2015 -> 11:48 AM)
Olynik aside, I'd actually be pretty surprised if he didn't sign in Boston.

Yeah for some reason I think of him as a Celtics type of player (probably when I look back at Bird, McHale and co.).

At some point Boston is just going to need a star player, and he'd be a very good fit in Brad Stevens' system.

The Lakers are probably the other wild-card, but it probably depends on if they go after Rondo potentially.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 05:03 PM)
Any ideas for Hoiberg's lead assistant (defense)? I was thinking about Lawrence Frank or Kurt Rambis. Any other names?

Since Frank was rumored to be a top head coaching candidate for the Bulls at one point, I doubt Hoiberg would approve that one.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 31, 2015 -> 06:35 PM)
He wasn't looking to leave Ames but it's a matter of looking to prove himself at the highest level. If he ever coaches college ball again, it will only be at Iowa State.

I would hope Iowa State fans get on with their lives so to speak and don't pine for the day Hoiberg returns to Ames. There's more than one coach in America who can get the job done. I mean, ISU's fan base conceivably could hope for him to get canned in Chicago in 2 seasons (as you all know you can get canned quickly in that league if a team with high expectations sucks) and return to ISU pronto. They should make a good hire and get behind that guy. But you know there will be trepidation in Ames because McDermott sucked, Fred was great, and now the successor could suck.