2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 6, 2015 -> 09:40 PM)
No offense, but the Bulls made a big mistake in hiring Fred. This team needs Tom Thibs more than the clowns in the front office.

Why? Why do they need Tom Thibs? What would happen if they keep Tom Thibs? How many playoff series would they win if they keep Tom Thibs? Is it a finals? No? Then why do they need Tom Thibs?

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 12:07 PM)
Why? Why do they need Tom Thibs? What would happen if they keep Tom Thibs? How many playoff series would they win if they keep Tom Thibs? Is it a finals? No? Then why do they need Tom Thibs?

there are several problems with the bulls, Thib relationship with the FO. when the owners got involved, there was going to be a change. it is as easy as that. Fred was ready to move to the nba and the bulls wanted him.

the second main problem is Rose, mostly when he is injured, followed by him and his self worth to the bulls.

lastly those unexpected injuries.

many mocks has the bulls looking at pg, there is a reason for that. didn't anyone noticed that???

Congratulations Cleveland, on their first NBA Finals victory.

To do it without Love or Irving on the road's pretty impressive. Looked like they were going to blow that 11 point lead in OT, and the series would ostensibly have been over before it started.

Now it can at least be interesting and entertaining instead of a foregone conclusion.

Klay Thompson had a nice game, too.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 6, 2015 -> 02:40 PM)
It has. The plethora of injuries is very concerning to me. We can't go 48 hours without a key player going down, or at the very least being severely hampered, by an injury. The last five years has basically been cheer for any team that's playing against LeBron. But even the biggest LeBron hater has to admit it's horses*** that we're not seeing the best players on the best teams healthy and going at each other in June. This finals is basically like when Jordan was going up against the Celtics in the 80's. I don't even want to watch.
I know what you're trying to say about LeBron being undermanned but let's not go overboard here. The GSW are far from a proven championship team with 5 HOFers like those 86 Celtics had...anyways, big win for the Cavs. Good to see LeBron being super aggressive and keep shooting the rock, FG% be damned. He's the best player in basketball, sometimes you gotta win ugly games like tonight. What's up with Curry, is he choking? Two overall bad Finals games so far.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 10:24 PM)
It felt like it took everything for Cavs to get that win. That being said, Curry won't be absolute s*** from the field every game.

Refs tried to screw the cavs it seemed.

God that was awesome. It's so good to see LeBron get screwed by officiating.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 10:33 PM)
I know what you're trying to say about LeBron being undermanned but let's not go overboard here. The GSW are far from a proven championship team with 5 HOFers like those 86 Celtics had...anyways, big win for the Cavs. Good to see LeBron being super aggressive and keep shooting the rock, FG% be damned. He's the best player in basketball, sometimes you gotta win ugly games like tonight. What's up with Curry, is he choking? Two overall bad Finals games so far.

Curry was good in game 1. Shot 50% from the field and had 26 points. He was unbelievably terrible tonight though.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 03:26 AM)
golden state didn't run any semblance of an offense in the last 17 minutes. only hope was to let curry take a bunch of bad shots and hope a few went in

I agree. There were so many bad shots in tonight's game. I don't know how coaches get guys to share the ball, but it seems like the only time we see "pretty" basketball is when the Spurs advance. I'm still trying to figure out how Cleveland blew that 11 point lead late. If Thompson hadn't been in the game getting fouled intentionally and going 2-4 from the line while Golden State was hitting threes on the other end, it wouldn't have gone to OT.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 03:40 AM)
Curry was good in game 1. Shot 50% from the field and had 26 points. He was unbelievably terrible tonight though.

Some of these superstars like Curry/LeBron have to resist the temptation to take those crazy, off balance, idiotic shots. Shoot when you are set and open (I realize Curry sometimes hits wacky, off balance threes). That one play late where LeBron resisted the temptation and fed Shumpert for a set three was more like it.

I think Cleveland can win this series. Not saying they will but Golden State may not quite be ready for prime time.

Now the Warriors can't even claim to have a defensive scheme that worked, however it's spun. They couldn't speed up the game with their smaller lineup because Cavaliers center Timofey Mozgov was pounding them for points inside and Tristan Thompson was grabbing 14 rebounds.

And the Warriors failed to turn the game into a shooting contest. Klay Thompson went off for 34 points, but his 14 field goals represented 42 percent of the team's total. Stephen Curry was off for most of the night, shooting 5 for 23 from the field and 2 for 15 from 3-point range. The Warriors' ball movement disappeared. They average more than 300 passes per game; they had slightly more than 200 passes in Game 2, even with the extra five minutes.

In eight quarters of regulation the Warriors have held the lead for only 26 minutes and 51 seconds. And this was at Oracle Arena, where the Warriors were better than anyone else in any other building this season.

www.espn.com/adande

Curry had 17 points against all other defenders in half court defensive sets. 0 against Dellavedova. 0/5 from 3 (0/8) overall with 4 turnovers against MD. 4/10 (2/7) from 3 and 1 turnover for the rest, 17 points.

Edited by caulfield12