2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 14, 2015 -> 08:31 PM)
I'm reminded of the '08 finals when the Lakers didn't have Bynum/Ariza. That '08 Celtics team was great and the best defensive team I've ever seen. But they caught a huge break in those two being out. The next season? The Lakers rolled through everybody with both healthy (though KG missed the playoffs).

Didn't they go to 7 games in the finals against that same Celtics team? Or am I confusing a year?

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 10:12 AM)
Didn't they go to 7 games in the finals against that same Celtics team? Or am I confusing a year?

That was the following year. In 08-09 Garnett got hurt and the Magic eliminated the Celtics (after the Bulls and Celtics went 7 games). Orlando also knocked out Cleveland. The Lakers really didn't face a championship caliber team their entire postseason run that year.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 08:28 AM)
That was the following year. In 08-09 Garnett got hurt and the Magic eliminated the Celtics (after the Bulls and Celtics went 7 games). Orlando also knocked out Cleveland. The Lakers really didn't face a championship caliber team their entire postseason run that year.

Your right. That celtics Bulls series was so much fun (even though we were on the losing end). Prime BG!

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 14, 2015 -> 09:54 PM)
For all that he does so well, LeBron as volume shooter is rarely a winning formula for his teams. MJ could routinely average 25-28 FGA/G with decent enough efficiency but that's not LBJ at his best. LBJ is best when shooting crazy efficient, distributing on offense, and making his presence felt on D. I'm actually becoming suspect of how much of a defensive player he can be anymore from all the mileage, but we see that offensive juggernaut all the time. Not in this series/with this version of CLE, though. I mean, there are some great distribution numbers, but he shouldn't be taking 35 shots. Someone else on his team needs to touch the ball.

I know everyone makes the MJ/GOAT comp, but the true LeBron comp is Magic.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 14, 2015 -> 10:48 PM)
It's called depth. You know, that thing the Cavs don't have any of.

It's called a healthy Verajao in May, you know, the thing that never happens?

Lets not pretend that Verajao is a spring chicken either. He has blown out his knees and achilles, and finished pretty much the last 5 seasons on the shelf. Everyone compares him to Noah, and look at the shell of a player that we saw out of Noah this season.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 01:53 PM)
Lets not pretend that Verajao is a spring chicken either. He has blown out his knees and achilles, and finished pretty much the last 5 seasons on the shelf. Everyone compares him to Noah, and look at the shell of a player that we saw out of Noah this season.

Plus, Mozgov > Varejao. So him coming back seems like a moot point.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 05:26 PM)
Lance Stephenson to Clippers for Spencer Hawes and Matt Barnes. Yuck.

I like that move for the Clips. Stephenson is going to come to a veteran lockeroom with a strong head coach. Great situation for him to flourish and he is a total upgrade over Hawes. Barnes toughness will be missed by the Clips but Stephenson is a more dynamic player and gives them a 2nd ball handler which they could use. Also brings them some solid defense. You'd have to think he trends back to being closer to the guy he was in Indiana vs. Charlotte.

Bet the house. Cavs are going to win tonight and win the Series. LeBron is motivated. LeBron is insanely motivated. Only way GS wins is if the West truly is destined to beat the weaker East every year.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 08:40 PM)
Bet the house. Cavs are going to win tonight and win the Series. LeBron is motivated. LeBron is insanely motivated. Only way GS wins is if the West truly is destined to beat the weaker East every year.

i will be really pissed if they do.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 02:40 PM)

[bets Golden St]

Yup. Golden State's motivation is to win it for their conference!

Yup. No way is Golden State motivated. Nope.

LEBRON GOING FOR THAT 100 POINT GAME.

Not sure what greg's motivation of late is. But at least he's not one of those "My team sucks, may as well cheer for whatever team is going against LeBron" idiots. That's literally what the nba has become the last five years. The Spurs of last year and the Warriors of this year are all-time greats. But nobody really says anything about that. Did you beat LeBron? If you did, we like you.

Edited by Jordan4life