2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 07:48 PM)
Not sure what greg's motivation of late is. But at least he's not one of those "My team sucks, may as well cheer for whatever team is going against LeBron" idiots. That's literally what the nba has become the last five years. The Spurs of last year and the Warriors of this year are all-time greats. But nobody really says anything about that. Did you beat LeBron? If you did, we like you.

This is such a ridiculous comment. It doesnt matter what team LeBron is on, if you are a fan of a team in the east then he has broken your teams heart numerous times the past 5 seasons. It doesnt make you an "idiot" to not want LeBron to win. Are Bears fans who wouldnt want the Packers to win the Super Bowl idiots too? Are Sox fans who dont want the Tigers or Cubs to win idiots? There are rivalries in sports and you dont have to like everyone. LeBron is an all time great and is having one of the most impressive finals in NBA history, its commendable, but Ive watched him dismantle the Bulls in the playoffs pretty much every time it seems like they have a squad to make a deep run, so ya, I dont really want him to win.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 02:40 PM)
Bet the house. Cavs are going to win tonight and win the Series. LeBron is motivated. LeBron is insanely motivated. Only way GS wins is if the West truly is destined to beat the weaker East every year.

So...yeah...

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 11:10 PM)
Ridiculous lebron wasn't mvp

I think if he was better tonight he would have had a chance. Nice raw numbers, but nobody watching that game could have thought he played well tonight. Terrible on defense, some pretty costly turnovers, and he ended up with 32 points on 33 shots.

Overall this is one of the most inefficient finals scoring wise in NBA history I'm pretty sure.

Edited by Boogua

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 11:10 PM)
Iggy's "God-fearing" has just kind of unsettled me.

Just say Steph is religious...

I hate those damn speeches every year.

I hope one year someone thanks the devil.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 11:02 PM)
2-2-2

His two losses with the Cavs shouldn't be held against him.

Yeah and the Heat weren't good enough defensively last year to beat that Spurs team with the way they were playing. The Mavericks series is the big black mark on LeBron's finals resume. The other 3 losses his team clearly wasn't as good as the team that beat them and the 2 Cavs teams had no chance of winning it all (although this would have been an amazing series if Love and Irving were healthy).

2-4 isn't really a big indictment of LeBron...

...except for the fact that he guaranteed eight rings. In Miami. The "Three Kings" party is what doomed LeBron if he didn't win.

I'll give him the pass for 2007 for obvious reasons.

Since then? Nope. Guaranteed eight.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 11:16 PM)
I hate those damn speeches every year.

I hope one year someone thanks the devil.

Joakim Noah's gonna be like "I'd like to thank Lucifer for giving me this opportunity and cursing Cleveland".