2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 08:13 PM)
Lance Stephenson, please

He is the offensive version of Ron Artest. I just think his potential to just ruin a locker room is not worth the money. While he is talented, he still is not a game-changing player where the risk is worth the reward, imo.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 08:14 PM)
He is the offensive version of Ron Artest. I just think his potential to just ruin a locker room is not worth the money. While he is talented, he still is not a game-changing player where the risk is worth the reward, imo.

From what I've heard, Frank Vogel isn't great at managing his clubhouse, that's part of the reason we kept hearing about alot of turmoil within Pacers players. OTOH, the Bulls have a great clubhouse atmosphere, Thibs is very much loved by his players, IMO the Bulls vets (Noah, Gibson, Rose) will have a positive affect on him. He's a dynamic scorer with a big upside. It's worth the risk, I'm tired of the status quo and while I hope we can still land Melo, I've never really felt he was going to leave NY and I still don't. At the very least we should be sending out feelers to Stephenson's people.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (bulokis @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 08:09 PM)
Who is McGraw? I am still clinging for the slightest hope we land Melo. His offense fits like a glove with the bulls and with our defense, we might be formidable.

Daily Herald beat.

No Lance, please.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 08:43 PM)
Cowley -One NBA insider just said that he's not buying Melo's anguish, and wrote it all off as "the guy just doesn't want to be hated.''

What does that even mean?

From another hoops forum

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS 4m

The Bulls are still under consideration for Carmelo Anthony, a person familiar with his thinking tells @CBSSports.

Chicago Sports Talk ‏@CTownSportsTalk 1h

According to Stephen A. Smith, the Chicago #Bulls are on Carmelo's mind right now. (Back in the race)

David Silverman ‏@TheSportsMatrix 15m

Stephen A. Smith reporting that Carmelo Anthony is having second thoughts about re-signing Knicks, Chicago Bulls resurfacing as an option

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS 11m

Carmelo Anthony's intentions have not been communicated to the Bulls, source says. But Chicago has cap-clearing moves teed up.

Cowley -One NBA insider just said that he's not buying Melo's anguish, and wrote it all off as "the guy just doesn't want to be hated.''

He's leaving NY, and is afraid of catching the Lebron backlash. Which he wouldn't because he's not joining with two other superstars.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 09:22 PM)
I don't know if it's been posted before here but there's a live stream from LeBron's house...seriously :huh:

http://fox8.com/live-stream-b/

So creepy and useless.

What are those people expecting? Fireworks when LeBron announces his decision? He's not even home. None of that makes any sense. Those people are just wasting their time. But then again, they must have nothing better to do if they're there in the first place.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 09:23 PM)
So creepy and useless.

What are those people expecting? Fireworks when LeBron announces his decision? He's not even home. None of that makes any sense. Those people are just wasting their time. But then again, they must have nothing better to do if they're there in the first place.

Insert they're in Cleveland joke here...

But yeah, seriously, imagine if LeBron doesn't go back to Cleveland. There might be riots this time.

Cowley's sources are as good as those of bloggers living in their parents' basement.

The LeBron thing is fascinating.

Two points: I can't see him flirting with Cleveland if he doesn't actually want to play there. The fact he's raising the hopes of Cleveland makes me think it's a done deal and the Cavs just want to finalize the Kevin Love deal (trading Wiggins and maybe somebody else and a draft pick?).

The other side of me says sports is big business and LeBron doesn't care about making Cleveland mad again and will make more money in Miami so he stays there.

It's truly interesting, though.

Delaying an announcement to avoid people "hating" you for apparently wasting everyone's time after announcing immediately...okay.

Complete radio silence even once the moratorium period ends...you're begging for hate no matter what you do

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 09:47 PM)
The LeBron thing is fascinating.

Two points: I can't see him flirting with Cleveland if he doesn't actually want to play there. The fact he's raising the hopes of Cleveland makes me think it's a done deal and the Cavs just want to finalize the Kevin Love deal (trading Wiggins and maybe somebody else and a draft pick?).

The other side of me says sports is big business and LeBron doesn't care about making Cleveland mad again and will make more money in Miami so he stays there.

It's truly interesting, though.

I wouldn't deal Wiggins, maybe a vet and maybe another pick for Kevin Love..

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 07:43 PM)

These are compliation of Cowley tweets before ^^^ this one.

Source: the term "reconsidering'' with Carmelo "might be a bit strong.'' Bulls were contacted by the Anthony camp, not Anthony. .. it was to let them know that Anthony is really being weighed down by his decision. No money was discussed, but Bulls sense they might a need a bigger boat, and quickly. Sign and trade still not moving the Knicks. Could Taj now be moved to free up more money? Hmmmmm.