2014-2015 NBA thread

Sheridan could very well be right, but at this point everythign is speculation and for him to say that about Broussard it is just setting himself up for a large amount of egg on his face if Lebron goes back to Miami

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 08:11 AM)
Sheridan could very well be right, but at this point everythign is speculation and for him to say that about Broussard it is just setting himself up for a large amount of egg on his face if Lebron goes back to Miami

Sheridan is the guy who didn't vote Lebron All NBA first team... LOLOL

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 08:06 AM)
I don't remember him saying that and I checked his twitter and didn't see it but he does have a lot of tweets so may have missed it. He just said it would be on the site at some point from the one I saw. But yeah hard to think he would be the only guy to know something if he did.

At one point it was on his website. I think he removed it. He backed off of that "fact" when it was obvious it was not one.

Sun-Times Basketball @suntimes_hoops

As has been reported for over a week, all sign-and-trade attempts by the Bulls have been a no-go. Can't dance without a partner

Knicks could be playing chicken with Melo, saying if you want to be a Bull, go ahead, for way less money, we won't help.

As far as a third team being brought in, as also been reported here - no one wants the Boozer expiring contract. Not yet, at least.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 09:12 AM)
you have to think losing Melo for absolutely nothing is a impossibility for Phil. Either he stays or S&T

I agree with an earlier post, I don't think Phil necessarily wants Melo at the max. I just think the crap he could get back for him is just so unattractive, so he has to keep Melo as an asset. If the Bulls added Melo, their draft picks won't be any good, and remember Phil really had no use for guys picked in the 20s when he was coaching.

The reality is unless they beat the odds and land LeBron or Durant in the next couple of years, the Knicks aren't contending for a title until Melo is way past his prime.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 09:15 AM)
Phil knows he is not taking that much less money to go to Chicago and is not giving him a S&T.

Can Melo go to Chicago for one year and then sign a long term max deal?

I don't think so. They can sign him to a deal with a year 3 opt out though and that point he'd be able to sign a new max deal with the Bulls recouping even more $$ as the cap would be higher.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 02:16 PM)
I agree with an earlier post, I don't think Phil necessarily wants Melo at the max. I just think the crap he could get back for him is just so unattractive, so he has to keep Melo as an asset. If the Bulls added Melo, their draft picks won't be any good, and remember Phil really had no use for guys picked in the 20s when he was coaching.

The reality is unless they beat the odds and land LeBron or Durant in the next couple of years, the Knicks aren't contending for a title until Melo is way past his prime.

I think the crap would be unattractive except they have been so horrible about giving up draft picks (and may continue to need to dump them to get rid of more crap contracts) that picking up that sac pick and another 1st from bulls might be worth it.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 09:26 AM)
How are there reports that sign and trades are no go when other reports say no attempts have been made between Phil and Bulls.

Cowley is talking out of his ass.

From what I can tell it's all based on the fact that Phil/NY said they had no interest in taking Boozer. Like 2 weeks ago. From there it's been assumed that that means no S&T at all. Which as I've said before, is exactly what Phil needs to say until Melo actually tells them what he wants to do.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 10:29 AM)
I think the crap would be unattractive except they have been so horrible about giving up draft picks (and may continue to need to dump them to get rid of more crap contracts) that picking up that sac pick and another 1st from bulls might be worth it.

One thing worth noting is that the Knicks without Anthony are pretty close to the minimum salary line. They'd clearly like to remove a couple contracts like Calderon or Smith to clear 2015 space but they can't do that unless they take some salary back.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 02:32 PM)
One thing worth noting is that the Knicks without Anthony are pretty close to the minimum salary line. They'd clearly like to remove a couple contracts like Calderon or Smith to clear 2015 space but they can't do that unless they take some salary back.

Knicks current salary without Melo: $59 million, $6 mill above salary floor.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 09:36 AM)
Knicks current salary without Melo: $59 million, $6 mill above salary floor.

Which is why they can't take Boozer back in a deal. They are a 3 time offender of the repeater tax and the Luxury tax payments are something close to $70 million I believe. That's insane.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 10:41 AM)
Which is why they can't take Boozer back in a deal. They are a 3 time offender of the repeater tax and the Luxury tax payments are something close to $70 million I believe. That's insane.

I don't know what the final number is but reports earlier said the tax level could rise to $77 mil this year.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 03:41 PM)

This isn't the case. Deeks laid out a pretty clear scenario even without Boozer where this can be done and keep them out of lux tax.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 03:40 PM)
Someone said the floor was up to $56 earlier.

Yeah, you are right. I can't believe the difference between the salary floor and salary cap is 7 million dollars.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 01:23 AM)
Great post. Going to Cleveland doesn't make much sense IMO. Remember the bad blood with that owner before. I don't know why they haven't squashed the rumors either. That's why I was thinking he was going back.

Wade and LBJ are attached at the hip right now. I think he has the police there to ensure his home isn't trashed in Cleveland when it comes back. Seems like everyone has been duped. I don't buy into this LBJ to Cleveland stuff anymore. Just doesn't add up but I could be mistaken.